𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

First person pov

Five and I kept in silence since we left that bedroom, which I still didn't know who it belonged to, however, that wasn't my biggest concern at the moment. He spatial jumped us to a hotel hallway, and walked to a specific door, but I stopped him before he could knock.

_"You didn't tell me why we're here, you know?"-I asked, furrowing my brows. I understood if he forgot to tell when we were in that bedroom because..."things" happened, but it was about time he did that.

_"...We're gonna make a deal with The Handler."-He answered, not looking at me. He just stared at the door number.

_"Whoa, I think we skipped some chapters here. Why are we doing that? Isn't she an untrustworthy bitch?"

_"Language, Y/n."

_"You really care about that now? Can you just answer the question?"-I rolled my eyes. I never met Five's former employer, but from what I heard from him, she's bad news.

_"Look, she's my only option right now. You think I want to do this? I dislike her just as much as you, even more, probably."-He finally looked at me, and wasn't really happy with my accusing glare towards him.

_"...Then, what's the deal we're making?"

_"She wants me to...take off some people."-He clenched his jaw, looking at the ground. I knew what he meant, since we already had it clear that he was a "hitman" before.

_"Who she wants us to kill?"-I sighed. Things were pretty bad if we had to come to the point of committing homicide.

_"Whoa, "us"? You're not killing anyone, Y/n. I am."-He turned to me, putting his hands on his pockets.

_"Yes, us. Why did you bring me here then if you were planning on doing this alone?"

_"Because...The Handler told me she wanted you on the "mission" too."

_"Well, it's settled then."

_"No, no it's not. You're not coming with me to the place. I'm just showing you to her, she doesn't need to know you're not doing it. I don't think she would care either. If the job is done, she's satisfied."

_"She wants me to go with you for a reason, stupid! So I'm coming."-He was about to disagree with me again, but I cut him off by knocking at the hotel room door. He glared at me while the door was opened.

_"Ah! Just in time for a nightcap."-A woman with short, slightly curved brown hair opened the door, and walked inside the room to pour a...drink.

I glanced at Five, and he sighed before grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside the room as well. He closed the door behind us, and when I turned around after watching him, I saw the woman holding two cups in our direction. I obviously didn't take it.

_"Oh, yes, we haven't properly met before. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Y/n. Oh, your name rolls on my tongue so nicely."-She put the two cups in a round table, and offered a hand for me to shake while holding a sickening grin on her face. I hesitated, but greeted the woman.

_"I don't think I could say the same."-I glared at her, and pulled my hand back to myself.

_"Ooh, she's a feisty little thing. How adorable."-She got closer to me, and touched my cheeks with her fingers. I swear, I almost gagged.

_"I would appreciate if you didn't put your paws on me."-She laughed at my statement, and retracted her hand. Five finally joined me by my side.

_"To be clear, I- We take out the board...you get me and my family home. No more doomsday, no more apocalypse. Is that correct?"-The Handler took a second to respond, as she was laying down on her bed.