𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑

_"Kill me, Jesus."

_"Idiots."-Both Ben and Five complained about the couple's revelation, and although I understood the frustration, what else exactly were they supposed to do? The world was ending anyways, so why not die with one last good memory?

_"Now?"-Allison asked, seeming a bit shocked.

_"Yeah. Look, we realize the timing is less than ideal. But, obviously, it's now or never. Am I right, Five?"-Luther pointed at the boy, expecting him to agree.

_"Don't drag me into this, please."

_"What...Whatever time we have left, we wanna spend it with all of you. So we're super pumped if you would join us in the banquet hall at 6:00 p.m for a celebration of our love, and the official union of what's left of our two great families."-Sloane spoke, sounding like she was reading straight out of a wedding invitation card. It was sweet, though.

_"Dress code is creative black-tie."

_"'Creative' as in 'snoop around dead people's baggage and find something'?"-I asked. Honestly, for anyone else in there, finding a nice outfit would be easy. But for me? In the body I currently had? I could only pray I wouldn't have to show up at the wedding in a bright pink quinceañera twirly dress. I love quinceañeras, don't get me wrong, but it's better if you're actually quince.

_"Pretty much, yes."

_"Oh, we have wedding favors for everyone!"-Sloane reminded herself, and walked towards a corner, where an almost empty shelf stood. She grabbed a little wicker basket that I hadn't even noticed before, and started to distribute tiny glass jars filled with something that looked like bath salts. When she gave me one, I could further analyze that it had a little card attached to it. It read "Luther and Sloane, tonight, 6 pm."

_"Wow! And you did all of this yourself?"-I couldn't tell if Lila was being sarcastic or not, but it was quite impressive, actually.

_"Luther helped too. We stayed up all night."

_"That's so sweet I think I'm gonna vomit."-I said. It was honestly the cutest thing to see them together and looking genuinely excited.

Sloane gave me a sweet smile, but the cute little moment going on was interrupted by the two new people in the room who arrived anxiously. Klaus and...dad, for some reason. As soon as I saw my brother, I got up from my seat, which I'm pretty sure startled Five, and ran up to him, tackling him in a big hug. I felt a rush of pure relief go through me.

_"Oh my God, I thought you were gone!"-I could now admit that that thought was actually on my mind and had been scaring me a lot. I've never been so glad to be wrong.

_"I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome but I'm taking it."-He said, sounding a bit confused with my sudden affection, but hugging back regardless. He played with my hair behind my back.

_"Dad?"-Ben seemed surprised to see the duo as well.

_"Klaus!"

_"Oh, thank God."-Allison and Viktor, however, were more relieved to see our brother too.

_"Gather 'round, children. Quickly now!"-I heard Reginald saying, and finally broke the hug with Klaus, just to see what was about to go down. He still kept an arm around my shoulders, and I held his hand.

_"The hell have you been?"-Diego asked. That was also something I wished to know. I looked up at Klaus.

_"Oh, Reg and I. We got all tangled up in a whole father-son-end-of-the-world road trip kinda thing. You know?"-I raised an eyebrow at him. I mean...Why?