𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

First person pov

_"I know that we can be your family. If you just let us."-I watched as Diego slowly convinced and calmed down Lila. Things seemed to be going okay, until I felt something. Or the lack of something. Five's hand that I was holding just a second before, simply vanished from my touch.

Soon, me and all of my siblings heard a loud gasp coming from the barn's entrance. We all turned to see Five grabbing a gun from The Handler after a bit of wrestling, and then pointing it at her, making her raise her hands in rendition. I had no idea of what had happened, but I suppose it was good that it did.

_"It's true, isn't it? What Five said."-Lila questioned her adoptive mother, but the woman only avoided her gaze by glaring at Five.

_"Answer me! Is it true?"-She insisted.

_"Well..."-The Handler was about to answer her, but she was interrupted by shots coming from behind her, hitting her back many times. She slowly fell to the floor, a lot of blood coming from her mouth. That was a very dramatic death, but at the same time, it felt so rushed.

Everyone in the room gasped, and my hand slowly raised itself to my mouth as I stood there silently, in shock. Yes, I hated that woman with every strength I had in my body, but still, it was really sudden.

I slowly looked up to see her killer, and it was a white-haired man, who I didn't really recognize. But some of the others seemed to know who that was, by the expressions they made.

We didn't have time to say anything about what had happened, as Lila suddenly ran towards The Handler's case that laid on the floor beside her dead body.

_"The case!"-Luther shouted, already going to attack the woman.

_"No!"-Diego grabbed him before he could actually do anything, both of them falling to the ground grunting, while Lila disappeared in a blue strong light. Diego did that on purpose, so she could escape us. True love right there, I guess.

The room fell into silence again, as we all tensed up to see Five and the unknown man pointing their guns at each other. Their glares were so tense, it gave me goosebumps even if they weren't directed at me.

However, the fighting scene we were all expecting didn't happen at all. Instead, we watched as Five dropped his gun to the floor and raised his arms slightly.

_"Enough."-He said with a stern, but somehow calm voice. The man looked a him for a second, then at all of us, slowly. Five seemed to convince him, as he also dropped his gun on the floor and muttered something that I couldn't quite understand. I assumed he said the same thing, but in Swedish. The man then left, without saying anything more.

I relaxed the muscles I didn't even notice I was tensing, and let out a big deep breath. However, I tensed a bit again when I felt arms wrapping around me firmly. I looked slightly to the side, to see Five burying his head into my neck, closing his eyes as tightly as he probably could. He didn't seem okay at all, even though things ended well. I think.

_"Five...? What's wrong?"-I wrapped my arms around him as well, hugging his torso softly. He didn't answer me at first, so I slowly raised one of my hands to touch his jaw, raising it just enough for him to look at me as he slowly opened his eyes.

_"Hey...what's wrong? You're shaking."-I spoke softly, caressing his cheek with my thumb. He gave me a pained expression as soon as his eyes met mine, and shook his head.

_"Nothing. I'm fine. I just...nothing."-He took a deep breath, and connected his forehead with mine. I didn't want to push him too much, so I just let him embrace me, and we stood there for a few more seconds with each other.