𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟕

Five and I were absolutely trashed from drinking at some point in the night. It was hard to tell what exactly we were doing, I could only remember him giving a terrible speech back at the banquet hall, drinking a lot, running around in the halls, drinking a bit more, eating cereal with vodka, puking what I had already drank and drinking again. I don't know in which of those adventures it happened, but my dress was now ripped and much shorter than it was before. In a certain way, it was useful since I could walk much better now.

We both were now at the hotel's kitchen, me eating a very dry piece of bread, sitting on one of the cooking tables. Five sat at the floor, with his cereal bowl in his hands.

_"The world's spinning."-I said, closing my eyes. My mouth was dry and my lips were definitely chapped.

_"The world's ending, actually."-He took a spoonful of his cereal, which was already soggy at that point since he was eating it very slowly.

_"That too. Dang it, I was actually looking forward to getting married too."-I threw the half eaten piece of bread to the side. It was terrible anyways.

_"You wanted to get married?"

_"I thought I didn't but then I saw their wedding and it made me think 'that's kinda nice'. Is it really kinda nice?"-I asked, as if he would know the answer. Obviously he didn't.

_"You know, we should get married after all. We kissed and stuff. Like, seventy years ago that meant a lot."-I opened my eyes to look at him as he said that. I stretched my hand in his direction.

_"Gimme a ring then."-I pointed with my other hand to my ring finger, which was empty. The boy suddenly got up, walking outside the kitchen and leaving me there.

I was confused about where he went, but soon he was back holding an unopened ring pop. He stood in front of me, grabbing my hand.

_"Where did you find this?"-I asked, watching as he opened the packaging and revealed a strawberry ring pop.

_"Candy jar in the reception."-He put the ring on my finger. I immediately put it in my mouth. He looked a bit flabbergasted.

_"You're eating your wedding ring."

_"It's tasty."-I took the candy out of my mouth with a popping sound.

_"Let me see."-When I heard his request, I offered him my hand, but instead of tasting the actual candy, he grabbed my cheeks and kissed me very sloppily. I didn't react much beyond closing my eyes and relaxing in his hands, not having the energy to do it. My hand fell back to my side, resting on the table.

When he parted from our kiss, we just kept ourselves in silence, staring into eachothers eyes. The green color in his seemed darker now, or maybe it was just the alcohol speaking.

_"I love you."-The boy whispered at me. My eyes widened for a second. I was drunk, yes, but I still knew what that meant. And I remembered the fact that it was the first time he was actually saying that.

_"Do you mean it?"-I asked, hopeful. He caressed my cheek, making me close my eyes again.

_"I do. I love you. It surprises me too."-He let out a breathy chuckle with his own declaration. I smiled like a fool.

_"I love you too."

_"Why?"-I opened my eyes with his question. It seemed very genuine. It made me a bit sad.

_"What's there not to love?"

_"I'm a complete asshole."-He furrowed his brows, as if the statement was obvious.

_"Well, yes."

_"So?"

_"But you're an asshole with a heart. And I really like that about you."-I pulled the boy's shirt, making him get closer. He stood between my legs now. By the way, where was his blazer?