𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

First person pov.

After we left Vanya's apartment, me and Five got on the car and started driving to what felt like a couple of hours. We didn't really talk much on the car, just exchanged a few words. At some point, I fell asleep with my head on the window, and woke up being lightly shaked by the boy on my side. I rubbed my eyes, and looked to the window to see the car had stopped.

_"Oh... That's Meritech."

_"No shit."- He got out of the car, and I went after him. I felt like a puppy, following him like that for the past hours. But I'll have to get used to it for now.

We got in an elevator and Five pressed one of the floor buttons. No idea how he knew which one to press.

_"You're just going to ask for the eye's owner?"

_"Yeah, that's the plan. Why?"

_"Normally, that kind of information is confidential. I don't think they're gonna give it to 13 year olds.

_"We have to at least try it."- The elevator door opened, and we stepped out of it.

We waited for a few minutes in a white room, with a desk where a lady sat and a big glass wall were we could see the whole city. I was quite entertained with it until a man showed up.

_"Uh, can I help you?- He asked Five. I got closer to the boy, so he could see we were there together.

_"I need to know who this belongs to."- He showed the glass eye to the man.

_"Where did you get that?"

_"What do you care?"- I stomped on the boy's foot, scolding him. We wouldn't anywhere with his behavior.

_"We found it at a playground, together! Someone must've lost it."- I answered innocently, Five rolled his eyes at me. _"Yeah, must have just..."-He paused, clicking his tongue._"...Popped out."

_"Yes, and we wanted to return it to his rightful owner!"-I grabbed Five's blazer, pushing him closer to me, while still giving my sweet smile. My cheeks were starting to hurt from all the acting.

_"Awn, what a thoughtful young lady, and young man."- The lady at the desk said.

_"Yeah, can you look up the name now?"- Being called a "young lady" annoyed me enough for me to break character. Five smirked at my reaction.

_"Uh, I'm sorry, but patients records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you-"

_"We know what it means."

_"But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he, or she, will be very grateful. So if I can just-"

_"Yeah, you're not touching this eye."- Five glared at the man, and my grip on his blazer got stronger. This boy has serious anger issues.

_"Now, you listen here, young man-"

Five grabbed the man's collar and pulled him towards his face, giving him a look that could kill the poor guy.

_"No, you listen to me, asshole! I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information I need, and we'll be on our merry way. And if you call me young man one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall."

_"Oh dear."

_"C-call security."

_"Don't you dare touch that phone, ma'am."- I looked at her, dead in the eye. Since Five blew up our cover, I didn't need to smile like a clown anymore.