𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐

I walked back into the Obsidian Hotel, the moon already high in the sky, my arms wrapped around my torso to shield myself from the cold outside. My face felt numb, and it definitely was puffy from the amount I cried. I didn't look in any direction but the ground, so I didn't even realize the presence of my siblings, until I heard Viktor calling for me.

_"Y/n! You're back!"-He said, and I finally raised my head to look at him. Diego and Allison were also there, my sister grabbing a drink at the bar. She looked upset.

_"Holy shit, what happened? Were you crying?"-He said when I approached them and he could get a better look at me. I just shrugged.

_"I don't really wanna talk about it."-My voice was so faint, I thought he didn't hear me, but he soon answered.

_"Are you sure? Sometimes talking helps."

_"I am, yeah, sorry. Maybe some other time."-I sat by Diego's side. I felt his eyes on me, but he didn't say anything. He just rubbed my back in an awkward way. It felt nice, anyways, since I knew that was him trying to comfort me. Maybe it would be more convenient for me to just go back to my room, not having to deal with questions from my family, but I really didn't want to be alone at that moment. At leat for a bit.

For a minute, it was quiet, but it didn't last very long, since soon two people walked through the hotel's door in a rush.

_"Okay, gather round, people. Where is- Where's every- Where's Luther?"-I heard Five's voice, and although I was content to see him back seemingly safe, I couldn't react too enthusiastically. I stayed put in my seat, even though it wasn't what he asked for. Everyone else gathered around him at the bar.

_"Haven't seen him."-Allison answered for all of us, sounding terribly uninterested.

_"Okay, you know what. We got bigger problems to worry about right now."-Ah, shit. Here we go again.

_"Like what?"

_"This."-Five pointed at something that I couldn't see from the angle I was.

_"Who are they?"

_"These are our mothers."-That grabbed my attention. Was it some kind of morbid coincidence or was there something going on? I finally got up from my seat, and slowly approached the group.

_"That one's mine."-Klaus said, pointing at a picture of an amish woman. His eyes sparkled.

_"...They're all dead. They all died, on the exact same day, October 1st, 1989. Except for Y/n's-"

_"Mine's dead too. Same date."-I took a picture from my pocket, and placed it by the side of the file they were looking at. The most recent picture of my mother, that the elderly lady had given to me as a gift.

_"...What? How? You were adopted again."-Five looked at me, confused. He actually seemed to have gone through many emotions while looking at me, probably because of how I looked.

_"Don't ask me. I don't understand either."

_"That date. That's our birthday"-Viktor said, stating what we were thinking.

_"Not anymore, it isn't. They all died before we were born."

_"That's dumb. If we weren't born, how can we exist? How was Y/n adopted?"-Diego asked.

_"I just said I don't know."-I grabbed my picture again, going back to the couch I was on.

_"Exactly."

_"What are you saying?"-Viktor asked, trying to understand where he was getting at.

_"I'm saying, when we jumped here, we created a time paradox. All right? Not just any paradox. This is the grandfather paradox."