𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎

It was the next day, the second day of staying at the Hotel Obsidian. As much as I wanted to sleep for a whole 10 hours last night, I couldn't. Something was bothering me since what Five had said to me and my brothers at the bar. The doppelganger thing. Versions of us still living...

I wanted to do something. I was too curious. And it finally felt like I had the chance and the time to do it. Five reassured us that this timeline was fine, so...I could get the satisfaction I wanted, right? I had to.

I got up from my bed, feeling my muscles scream at me for it. I was so sore, now that all the adrenaline that felt permanent in my body these last days was finally gone. I sighed deeply, and walked out of the room. Vanya was somewhere else again, and Allison was still sleeping on her bed. She came back a wreck last night. It made me quite worried, actually, but I didn't want to bother her too much with questions. It was better for her to just rest, for now.

The corridors were a bit empty. I assumed all the guests were already out for breakfast. I also was finally feeling hunger, craving for some actual food rather than just coffee.

Finally reaching downstairs, I was already met up with the sight of Five waiting for a drink at the bar, Diego and Klaus. Diego had a new haircut. I don't know when he got time to do that, but it looked neat. There was also some random kid grabbing food from the buffet.

I approached Five, not before waving at my other two brothers, who corresponded, Klaus a little more enthusiastically.

_"You have terrible dark circles. Did you not sleep?"-Five asked, grabbing his drink.

_"Gee, thanks for the compliment, old man. I didn't, but it's fine."

_"I didn't say you looked ugly."

_"So I'm a beautiful zombie. Got it."-I smiled, showing him his comment didn't actually bother me and I was just teasing. I grabbed a plate from the buffet, and started choosing some pastries. Then, I approached my brothers.

_"That little delinquent is your son?"-Klaus said, and I frowned.

_"Who's who son?"

_"That little shit. Diego's son."-Klaus pointed to the kid from before, who was now munching down on his plate.

_"Oh my God, you have a son?!"-I whisper-shouted. The hell did I miss?

_"Allegedly my son."

_"Oh my God, you're already a deadbeat dad?!"-I questioned again. Thought we had learned our lesson having a deadbeat dad ourselves. Klaus laughed.

_"That's so funny!"

_"Wait, who's...who's the mother?"-Five approached the table, asking.

_"Lila"

_"Excuse me?"

_"Why are you surprised? It was kind of obvious they had a thing."-I added. Am I the only one who saw it?

_"Whoa, Lila's here?"-Five had other concerns.

_"Was. She dropped him off in my lap last night then bolted."

_"Well, he is your kid, so..."-I bit my croissant.

_"Allegedly."

_"I don't much care for that one."-Klaus had hard feelings against Lila. Makes sense, she tried to kill us. But she's cool.

_"Well, technically, she's family."-Five said. It seemed kind of whatever to him.

_"She was trying to murder us, like, yesterday!"

_"Yeah, like I said, 'family'. Diego, is she coming back?"

_"Well, she goddamn better be because we got more important things to be dealing with right now!"-He started shouting mid-sentence for his kid to hear him. Harsh.