𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

First person pov

_"I thought you said it was over!"-I heard Luther saying, even though my ears were ringing and the sound of my own sobs were really loud to me.

_"I was wrong, okay? This newspaper, I found it in the future the day I got stuck. The headline hasn't changed."- Five held me with one arm while he showed the newspaper to all of us with his other hand.

_"No, that doesn't mean anything. The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning."-Diego said, refusing to believe we would have to deal with more shit.

_"You're not listening to me. When I found it, I assumed this place came down along with everything else. But here we are. The moon's still shining, the Earth is in one piece, but not the academy."-Klaus grabbed the newspaper from Five, and we both stood up, Five helping me gain balance.

_"I'm confused."-Klaus said, looking at the newspaper.

_"Then listen to me, you idiot! Vanya destroys the academy before the apocalypse. I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse. Vanya is the bomb. Vanya causes the apocalypse."- I wasn't even surprised by that. After I saw my sister's eyes, I could tell she was completely out of control.

_"We have to find her."-Luther said, as a helicopter appeared on top of us, shining it's bright light on us.

_"We gotta go, now! Regroup at the Superstar, go!"-Luther continued, and I saw my brother's start to run before Five spatial jumped us to a dark alley, just beside the bowling place Luther mentioned.

_"Hey, are you okay? Can you walk?"-He asked, looking at me with worry in his eyes, I only nodded, not looking directly at him. I was still in a shock state, but I felt like I was slowly regaining all of my senses.

_"Can you look at me? Please..."-He asked, his voice threatening to give out. I looked up at him, and our eyes finally met. He sighed in relief, as he confirmed I was actually listening to him.

_"I'm sorry I left you alone. God, every time I let go of you, when I come back you're in a terrible state."-He hugged me tightly. It was the first time I could sense all his emotions through his touch. It calmed me down.

_"I could say the same, you know..."-I whispered, with my faint voice. My throat felt completely dry. I returned the hug, patting his back.

_"...You keep getting into the messiest situations, just when I'm not with you. It's like so clear it's my fault."-Five whispered back at me. I sighed. There he went, blaming himself for things he was simply not responsible for.

_"You know we can't be together all the time, Five. The times we parted our ways was because something important came up."- I slowly unwrapped my arms from his torso, to look at his face. He seemed so tense, worry, fear, sadness and many other mixed emotions could be seen in his green eyes.

_"I know... but..."-I cut him off before he could go on on the hundred nonexistent reasons why it was his fault.

_"No "buts"...we need to go."-He hesitated, but nodded at me anyways. And so, we entered the bowling place.

- ☂ -

_"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare."-Luther started as all of us arrived to Superstar. He was sitting in one of the chairs, Allison by his side.

_"For what?"-Diego asked, sitting across them.

_"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya."-He finished his sentence and I was already glaring at him. Allison seemed to not like his remark either, as she hit him with her notebook.