𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟗

The time of the voting had finally arrived, me, Five, our family and dad were gathered at the lobby stairs. We decided it would be best for us to vote one at a time, each explaining their reasons for the vote. Allison was the first one to go.

_"I think you can all guess which way I'll be voting. We've all been through a lot. We've all lost people. But their deaths have to mean something. Which is why I'll be voting to go with dad."-My sister concluded her thoughts. She seemed very emotional about all of that, which made sense. I felt bad that I could not help her this time.

_"Let's go save the bloody universe."-Lila walked across the room to stand by Allison's, Ben's and dad's side, whispering something I could not hear to Diego on her way there.

_"All right, well, since she said yes, I vote stay. How's that for nice?"-Diego gave his vote, which surprised me. I thought he would want to go as well, but his priority was Lila's safety now. I understood that even though he was making it sound like he was provoking her.

_"You're not being serious."-Lila couldn't believe his stubbornness. He only gave her a small smile that I couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not.

_"It's his vote, Lila. Klaus?"-Allison looked at our brother, and I did as well.

_"I am with father."-I wasn't surprised with his vote. He did spend a lot of time with dad lately, and I'm sure he didn't know the harm in that. There was no way he was the one to make the deal.

_"Okay, that's four to one. Viktor?"-Allison looked at Viktor. She seemed hopeful. He took a deep breath.

_"Look, I wanna believe, okay? I really do. I just can't shake the feeling we don't know what we're getting ourselves into."

_"No, but we know what we've got if we don't. We have to go into this together. Viktor. A family."-I furrowed my brows when I heard her tone while saying that.

_"You can't just keep throwing the word 'family' around. It isn't enough. I vote stay."-Viktor concluded with his vote. Allison's expression switched onto an upset one. She turned to someone else.

_"Luther?"

_"Um...Sloane and I talked, and, well, we're out. Look, we wanna spend whatever time we have left together, and not fighting some guy with a sword and ringing bells and stuff. So..."-He finished speaking. He didn't have to directly tell us his vote, it was easy to understand they both wanted to stay.

_"Well, dead even. Four in, four out."-Viktor said, and with that, all eyes turned to me and Five, who was standing by my side.

_"That leaves the both of you, Number Fives."-Dad stared deeply at both of us. While Five glared back, I couldn't hold eye contact for too long.

_"I saw the future, and it told me to sit this one out. I vote stay. It's time we accept our fate."-Five said, and there was silence in the rooms for a few seconds. Then, the attention focused on me.

_"Y/n?"-Allison asked for my answer. Even if I voted for going, it would end up in a draw. Maybe she was hopeful a draw was better than nothing. But sadly, I would not comply.

_"I'm really sorry. I vote for us to stay."-I felt Five grabbing my hand, offering some sort of comfort. I could only stare at the ground.

_"...You're all pathetic."-Allison retorted, her voice sounding like venom. She angrily walked away from us.

_"Why can't we go in there, just the four of us?"-Ben asked Reginald, just as bitterly as Allison.

_"That would mean certain failure. There must be seven."-He explained. There was silence again, but Reginald stepped forward and started to speak to all of us.