CH. 7

Being elbow deep in a patient's chest cavity is a great distraction for Sakura. Her thoughts have been running through everything that was said and done last night and she needed a break.

Repairing a nearly blown-up torso is EXACTLY the break she needed.

Once the surgery was completed, Sakura cleaned herself up and update the patient's chart. She had another medic update the patient's family and friends with his status, then made her way to her office to do paperwork.

Feeling exhausted after the 5-hour surgery, she grabbed some coffee before taking a seat at her desk.

Sipping on her coffee and updating medical charts for the next 3 hours was another good distraction for Sakura. The minute she laid her pen down, she felt the growing tension in her neck and leaned back in her chair with a loud sigh.

It was getting late and Sakura was feeling the effects of using a lot of chakra, so she decided that visiting her favorite dumpling restaurant across from the hospital is just what the medic ordered.

Cause you know, she's the medic.

"Good evening, Anzu-san." Sakura announced to her usual server and took her seat at the table she was directed to by the hostess.

"Good evening, Sakura-san," Anzu replied cheerfully, pushing a stray strand of her mauve-colored hair behind her ear.

"Would you like your usual order of anko dumplings this evening?" Anzu asked as she placed her pen tip to the paper in her hand.

"That sounds fantastic, Anzu-san!" Sakura replied as her stomach growled loudly.

Anzu giggled then quickly made her way to the cook to place Sakura's order. She came back with Sakura's favorite matcha tea and a velvet sack that contained mahjong tiles.

One of the reasons Sakura loves this dumpling restaurant, other than its convenience to the hospital and mouth-watering dumplings, is that they provide their patron's mahjong tiles while they wait for their order. Next to trivia games, mahjong was Sakura's other favorite game.

Sakura was just finishing her random set up of the tiles when she felt a familiar chakra pop up next to her. She peeled her eyes away to greet her unexpected teammate.

"Kakashi-sensei! What are you doing here at this time?" she asked skeptically.

"Maa...Sakura-chan, can't your old sensei visit you every once in a while?" he asked in his usual aloof tone.

"Of course you can Sensei! But I've never seen you here at this restaurant before. I've only seen you this close to the hospital when you are an actual patient. Otherwise, you avoid this whole area of the village, like you'll catch some disease if you stray too close." Sakura explained as she sipped her tea some more.

Kakashi chuckled then waved Anzu over to place his order. Anzu giggled when taking his order and was clearly blushing at the copy-nin. Sakura rolled her inner eyes at how easy women fell for Kakashi's charms.

Sakura was definitely not easy to charm, and she knew that was most likely the main reason men found it hard to woo her. She takes after her Shishou in that department.

"I heard they serve the best dumplings around and was feeling peckish. How's the children's clinic coming along?" Kakashi inquired as he pulled out his Icha Icha book to read.

"It's coming along. I have to go over some extra details this evening but thought that I should pick up some food first before I headed back to my office to work on them." Sakura replied as she propped her head on her palm, and moved a few tiles around.

Kakashi hummed a response as he received his tea from Anzu.

"Your order is almost ready Sakura-san. Will you be eating here or taking it to your office?" Anzu inquired.

Sakura took a moment to contemplate her options and decided to eat at the restaurant. Kakashi's company was a good distraction for the time being.

"I'll eat here this time. Thank you Anzu-san." Sakura answered politely.

Anzu smiled at Sakura and took another glance at Kakashi, then walked off blushing again.

Sakura sighed loudly as she moved a few more tiles around. She felt so lost all of a sudden and wasn't sure if unloading her baggage on Kakashi was a good idea. Then again, her whole team knew she wore her heart on her sleeve.

"Sensei? Why am I so unlovable?" Sakura asked sadly. She looked up from her tiles and noticed that the Icha Icha book Kakashi always read everywhere he went, came down at her question. He blinked slowly at her and looked at her like he was sizing her up.

"Well...for starters..." Kakashi started to reply, when Sakura's dumplings were served to her, distracting him for a moment.