CH. 37

"Sasuke! We need to talk!" Sakura seems to be angry but the smile on her face seems a little off-putting. 

"Have you finally found a resolution to me rebuilding my clan?" Sasuke hoped that she finally came to her senses and decided that starting a family with him would benefit her more than the alternative. 

"Please sit down Sasuke. This conversation is long overdue. Please explain to me why you felt it was necessary to withhold correspondence between our Hokage and me?"

Sasuke took a seat on the couch Sakura had been sleeping on these past few months and thought carefully about his next words. He could tell her it was because he thought that whatever she and Kakashi had to discuss in those letters would be a waste of time. After all, he knew she would choose him in the end. But if he told her the same thing he told Orochimaru, which can be true in more ways than one, then she would be more understanding.

"As the last Uchiha, it is paramount that any information about me or my future clan be kept within these walls until we were back inside the village. The Sharingan has been sought for ages and if anyone were able to discover that I was rebuilding my clan, then not only would I be in danger, but my future family as well. You do understand, right?"

Sakura sighed and sunk into the couch, looking more exhausted than usual. She pinched her nose between her eyes, taking in deep breaths. Sasuke could tell that she wanted to be angry with him, but it looks like she was going to hold back.

"Sasuke, did you know that while I was training with Lady Tsunade, she taught me how to gamble?"

"How does gambling have anything to do with our conversation?" Maybe he should be worried about Sakura's mental health?

"Lady Tsunade taught me that everyone has a 50/50 chance at winning or losing. Why? Because no matter how much you try to predict how the game will go, a gust of wind can come out of nowhere and blow everyone's cards out of their hand. Leaving the winners with no winnings and the losers with nothing lost. You will be taking a big chance on rebuilding your clan because someday other villages will see future Uchiha's running missions. They may strike down those with Sharingan eyes, take them for their own gain, and destroy our village. On the other hand, the future Uchiha children may take after their mother's and not even develop Sharingan eyes. And in that case, you will be the last one to wield those eyes until death. Or an asteroid may collide with our planet and take out all of civilization and no one will ever know that the Uchiha or Sharingan eyes ever existed. You do understand what I'm saying, right?"

"Are you well Sakura?" She's talking nonsense and looks tired.

"Sasuke why am I really here?"

"To help me rebuild my clan." He thought she understood that.

"We could have done this research in our village Sasuke. Why did you have me come all the way out to Orochimaru's hideout to help you rebuild your clan?"

"..."

"Listen, I get that you don't like seeing me with Kakashi. I also understand that you have been so traumatized, that your emotional intelligence is the same as a 12-year-old. You need to rebuild your clan quickly because you made a promise to yourself a long time ago. But why is it so important to you that I be a part of your plan? Is it because you love me, or is it because you think I'm still that love-struck 12-year-old fangirl, who use to follow you everywhere?"

"I'm sorry Sakura."