Ch. 24

She wasn't sure what to say or how to react. Dating Kakashi has been a dream, and every time they kissed, she felt herself melting. Something was growing inside her heart with each glance, each touch, and each kiss from him. But would he want it to go further? Will he break her heart as Sasuke did? Can she handle that sort of pain again?

She wanted nothing more than to be held, told that she's the moon and the sun and that he'd move earth itself to be with her. But was that fair to him? Knowing what he's been through, she wasn't sure she was the one to give him the love that he deserves. And he deserves so much love that it hurts her heart. She's not good enough for him.

"I wanted to ask if you were maybe ready for a deeper relationship? One where we're monogamous. I understand that you're busy and young, so you may want to keep dating around until you're ready. But I have to admit, I've found myself enraptured by your presence and would like to take our relationship a step up." Kakashi explained quietly, as he stared at his tea. She's never heard him sound so shy.

"I'll admit, I've been feeling something similar growing between us. Though, I'm worried that I'm not good enough. You deserve so much and I'm not sure I can be what you want. After the pain Sasuke put me through, I'm not sure I can handle that again if you change your mind." She said, throat cracked and tears forming in her eyes. Her self-doubt has always been something she's had difficulty moving past.

Kakashi stood from his seat in front of her and moved in front of her. Squatting between her legs, he grabbed her face between his hands and came close to her face as a single tear glided past her eyelashes. "Sakura, listen to me when I say that you're everything that I want and absolutely everything I need in my life. If I had any doubts, then I would have never asked you out in the first place. I'll never give up on us." He said as his thumb wiped away that stray tear.

Sakura smiled as she closed the distance between them to kiss him tenderly. Her arms wrapped around his neck, as she felt Kakashi's hands tangle into her hair. "Does this mean you'd be willing to be in a relationship with me only?" He asked as he pulled back from their kiss, breathing hard. Smiling, she shook her head yes. He smiled big and smashed his lips into hers hungrily.

They kissed their way into her living room and sat on the couch folded into each other's warmth. She felt so light and so hot, surrounded by Kakashi. All she could ever want was right here in front of her. He's always been there when she needed him, she realizes. At first he was her sensei, guiding her towards something bigger until she found Lady Tsunade to train under. Then he became her captain, always keeping a watchful eye on her like a big brother. Then after the war, he became her friend. Sharing something so traumatic, he helped her heal. Now he's here to possibly share a future. One filled with laughter and joy.

Does she dare call it love?