Ch. 23

Kakashi excused himself to Sakura's bathroom to change out of his disguise as Sukea after they entered her apartment. He also needed to calm his heart and think hard about how everything between him and Sakura has progressed so far.

He wanted her so badly, and she seemed to want him just as much. They needed to talk about if this was something to take to the next level though. Kakashi was old fashion in a way and he wanted to make sure she was ready to be monogamous. After everything that happened between her and Sasuke, it left him hopeful that she was ready to settle down.

Being a busy woman, she was running the hospital and seeing to the creation of the first children's clinic in of all the elemental nations. And he was the Rokudaime Hokage. He's really busy himself running a whole village. Can they find time for each other enough to have a stable relationship? Would it be fair of either of them to ask that of each other?

After surviving two wars, losing his parents, sensei, and multiple comrades, he deserves a little bit of happiness, right? Kakashi knows it's selfish to ask that of Sakura though. She's been through war, seen death plenty of times in her field as a medic, and barely has time for her parents with how busy she is. Asking her to commit herself to him only is asking a lot. But they both owe it to each other to at least discuss it.

He pulled out the contacts in his eyes, peeled the purple stripes from his face, washed the purple makeup from his eyelids, took off the wig he was wearing, then placed it all in the inner pockets of his jacket that he had worn earlier.

Left in only the black pants and black sleeveless shirt with attached mask, he made his way back to the kitchen where Sakura was waiting with tea for him. There was an effervescent aura around her as she stirred her tea, and he froze in place, feeling light-headed suddenly. There was no one else for him and no other place he'd rather be, than with her at this time and in this place.

Sakura looked up from her tea and her eyes widened in concern. "Kakashi, you look a little flushed. Are you feeling okay?" She asked then stood up, and made her way over to him. She placed her hands on his face, glowing green, and closed her eyes to concentrate on evaluating him. "Hmm..your vitals all seem normal, except for your heart rate picking up. Come sit down and relax. I'm sure you've had a long day." She directed him to the table and slid his tea closer towards his hands. He shook the stupor from his head and felt his face flush in embarrassment.

"Thank you, Sakura. I didn't mean to worry you like that. I seemed to have found myself enraptured in your beauty, which frozen me to my spot." He said cheerfully, taking a few sips of his tea. Sakura's face turned a beautiful shade of pink and she grinned before taking another sip of her tea. "You really have a way with words Kakashi." She giggled.

"Speaking of words, I need to talk to you about this between us." He added, pointing between himself and her. Sakura choked on her tea suddenly, spluttering to herself as she wiped her face and the table with a napkin. Looking at him shyly, she answered, "We do."