Ch. 18

Sakura paced in front of Kakashi's desk and he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

She really is beautiful when she's angry.

"Why do you need me to send Sasuke on an extended mission Sakura?"

"Because he's a selfish jerk! What other reason do you need?!" She answered.

Well, that says a lot.

Kakashi knew that the lone Uchiha wasn't good with words like himself. But over the years he liked to think he's gotten better.

"Indulge me. What did he say exactly to make you want him nowhere near our village?"

Sakura then explained how Sasuke attempted to apologize for what he did to her many months ago.

"Can you believe his nerve? To him, it's no big deal losing one's virginity. For all I know, it was probably one-sided too!"

Ah, yes. He was gone for a while. Maybe he and Karin were an item during his defection? Though I can't see why she would think that he would wait for her. He was always selfish.

Then again, why is she getting so worked up about this right now? Does she still have feelings for him? Is that why she's so upset?

Kakashi was having a decent day but instead of feeling excited about Sakura showing up, now he's questioning how much she may feel for him.

There goes his mood.

"Sakura, please take a seat. Your pacing is going to dig a hole right through my office."

Sakura huffed angrily and made her way towards the couch by the window.

Kakashi stood, walked over to the couch, and squatted in front of her. Taking her hands into his, he looked into her emerald eyes for anything that would prove that she had misgivings about them.

She inhaled and exhaled loudly then glanced up at him through her eyelashes. He noticed tears pooling around the edges, ready to fall any moment now.

Kakashi leaned his head towards hers and kissed her gently on her forehead, then her nose, then her mouth.

Sakura gave him a shy smile when he pulled away to look at her.

He sat down next to her on the couch, still holding her hands, and facing her.

"I know this is the last thing you would want to hear but maybe you should try to hear him out. We both know he's not good with words after everything he's been through and probably doesn't understand emotions or women that well. Sai may actually know more about those subjects than Sasuke, for all we know. Remember what I always said to you guys? Look underneath the underneath. That's the whole reason why you're working on the children's clinic. To help those like Sasuke. Is it right what he did to you? No. Should he have communicated better? Yes. Could he have apologized better? Most definitely. But this is Sasuke we're talking about. He doesn't have the years and experience like I have to know that people aren't robots and have feelings. Allow him to properly apologize, even if you want to punch him to Suna."

Sakura nodded in agreement and leaned back on the couch. She looked extremely tired and was probably starving. No wonder she was so worked up.

"How about I walk you home and you take a nice, hot shower, drink some wine, and I'll cook you dinner?"

And maybe he'll kiss her goodnight again, just longer this time.

"That sounds perfect. I'm sorry for coming in here like a raging bull."

"No worries."

They both got up and left the tower. Kakashi's Anbu guard followed from a distance but didn't question him. At least Genma wouldn't until he was off duty.

They made their way inside Sakura's apartment where Kakashi kissed her tenderly on her cheek and nudged her lower back towards her bathroom.

Kakashi was opening Sakura's fridge when he heard someone knocking at her door and walked over to see who it was.

"Sakura, will you..." Sasuke started to say, as he sat on one knee, holding a ring up towards Kakashi.

Kakashi had never felt so possessive in all his years as he did just now.

"Sasuke, we need to talk."