CH. 44

Sakura couldn't stop the tears from pouring down her face. This whole time she was afraid that he would hate her, or turn her away. But here Kakashi was, showing her how much he cares about her. She has to tell him about the pregnancy.

"Kakashi, we need to talk about the mission." Sakura choked out, feeling herself beginning to sob.

"Shhh...it's okay Blossom. Everything will be okay. As long as you're with me, everything will be okay." Kakashi whispered gently into Sakura's hair as her feelings poured out of her eyes. He held her against him, rubbing circles on her back, and nudged her gently towards the couch in his office.

Sakura sucked in a few gulps of air to try and calm herself, as they sat down on the couch. Kakashi handed her a tissue, and she tried to clean herself up. She has to tell him.

"Kakashi, the mission was a failure but also completed. What I mean is...it's just that I tried everything I could think of to get Karin pregnant with Sasuke's heir. But in the end...in the end, I couldn't make it work. I want to keep trying though." Sakura started to pick apart the tissue she was given until it tore apart. Kakashi grabbed her chin and slowly lifted her face to look him in the eyes.

"Sakura it's okay. I can tell you did everything you could. However, I think we should talk about the part of the mission that you did succeed in." he said softly, smiling, and looking down at her belly.

Sakura wanted to say she was shocked that he could tell that she was pregnant, but she wasn't. With a nose like Kakashi's, she knew she couldn't hide being pregnant from him.

"We have a lot to talk about then," Sakura whispered tiredly.

She was exhausted from the trip and wanted nothing more than to eat, drink, bathe, and sleep. But reporting to Kakashi, the Hokage, as well as discussing everything that's about to happen in their lives as a couple came first.

That's until she heard yelling, and a loud bang from Kakashi's office door and window.

Startled, she and Kakashi jumped up into defensive positions, only to relax immediately once they realized it was Sasuke coming through the window, and Naruto coming through the door. ANBU piled in after them, ready to apprehend the intruders, as well as a frazzled-looking Shikamaru, Hinata, and Karin.

"You can't be teleporting Sakura like that! She's carrying my heir!" Sasuke yelled, as his Sharingan activated in one eye. He held a kunai in one hand and had a hold of Kakashi's Hokage robes in the other threateningly.

"Sasuke-Teme! Let go of Kakashi-Sensei! I'm sure he didn't mean any harm." Naruto growled as he edged toward the two men.

But Sakura was having none of it. Gathering up her chakra, she marched over to Sasuke, picked him up around his waist, and carried him over to the couch to sit down. There was a fire in her eyes, and she was tired.

"Listen here Sasuke. I don't need you defending me. I can take care of myself. And don't you dare threaten Kakashi like that again. Not only is he our Hokage, but he's also my lover! If I thought that his teleporting me would put the baby in danger, then I would have discussed that with him myself. But it's not dangerous. So back off!" she screamed.

Sakura sat back down after yelling because suddenly she felt light-headed. Sasuke noticed this just as quickly as Kakashi, as both came to her side as soon as she sat down, fanning her face with her hand.

"Love, how about we get you some food and a warm bath, so you can relax. You've had a long journey." Kakashi suggested as he held Sakura's other hand, rubbing circles on her palm.

"I agree with Kakashi. You need food and rest. I'll walk you home." Sasuke commanded.

Kakashi glared daggers at Sasuke, but Sakura wasn't in the mood for a contest between them. Standing, she walked over to Naruto who was standing by, watching the scene curiously, grabbed him by the crook of his arm, then walked towards Hinata, and grabbed her hand.

"They'll escort me back home. I'll report to you in a little while Kakashi. And Sasuke, you should take Karin to your home and help her settle in. You both have a lot of planning to do." she directed.

Kakashi walked up to her, mask back on his face, and quickly kissed her on the top of her head. "I'll be over to your place later tonight, love. Get some rest."

Sakura smiled and walked away with Naruto and Hinata giggling next to her.

He's calling her love now.