CH. 40

Sakura read the letters from Kakashi, and couldn't help but cry in frustration. He was so patient and loving that all she wanted was to be next to him. She wrote him back an update, explaining the mishap with the letters, and that she found a treatment for Sasuke. But she knew until Karin showed signs of pregnancy, she couldn't leave the compound.

Sakura gathered up her letters to Kakashi and went outside and handed them over to Yamato. 

"Bear-san, would you mind getting this over to the post? Turns out, our friend withheld correspondence from our Hokage to me, to help motivate me to work harder. So I wrote him back with a response to all his letters, as well as an update here."

Yamato jumped down from his perch and made a clone to take her letters for her.

"No problem Sakura. I hope everything is okay?" His clone grabbed the letters and ran off quickly towards the nearest town.

"Yeah, everything is great now. Soon I'll be able to head home." She really hoped so.

"That's great! I'm glad our Hokage wasn't avoiding you. Though, I can't understand why our friend would withhold that information?" She could tell that Yamato was shaking with restrained anger. 

"It'll be okay now Bear-san. No need to worry." She would pay good money to see Yamato punch Sasuke.

"I see. Then I'll be going back to my watch. Those letters will be sent to our Hokage urgently." Yamato bowed then went back to his watch.

"Thank you!" Sakura then went back inside the hideout and decided to go over some data to help her relax. Nothing to do now but wait.

________________________________________________________________________________

A Few Weeks Later-

"Naruto-Kun, we're almost there." Hinata used her Byakugan to find the best route to the location of Orochimaru's hideout.

"That's great! The sooner we get there, the sooner I can't punch teme in the face!" He knew he should check his anger, but the more he thought about how much pain Sakura could be in, or how it was obvious that Kakashi was in pain, the angrier he became.

They both came upon a clear pasture with a few trees and rocks around, but otherwise, it looked bare. However, since Naruto learned to hone in nature chakra, he could sense his old Captain nearby, as well as several powerful chakras below ground. And even a small one, that felt brand new. 

It seems that someone is pregnant.

"Naruto, Hinata-hime?!" Yamato greeted them as he jumped down from his perch in a nearby tree.

"Hey, Captain! Our Hokage has an order for us to escort teme, Sakura, and any precious cargo back to the village!" Naruto handed out a scroll to Yamato to read over as he proceeded towards the entrance of the hideout. Hinata could see it right away and was already heading to the opening. 

"I'm glad you're both here. They should have stayed in the village this whole time in my opinion." Naruto couldn't have agreed more with his Captain's statement.

"Dattebayo! It's time for Teme to answer to our Hokage!"

Before he or Hinata could enter the hideout, a familiar figure walked out, clearly pregnant.

"Wow! I can't believe you're really pregnant!" Naruto stated feeling surprised and disappointed.

"Neither can I Naruto." Sakura bowed her head sadly, greeting her two friends.

"Oh Sakura-chan, what happened?" Hinata asked worriedly. 

"It's a long story." Sakura then turned, rubbing her belly, and had them follow her down the passage.

________________________________________________________________________________

Two Days After Naruto and Hinata Left on their Mission-

Kakashi went through some scrolls on his desk, trying to pay attention to his work, but he couldn't help the unsolicited thoughts running through his mind.

"Does Sakura still care about him?"

"Will she still want him?"

"Is she pregnant with Sasuke's child?"

"Would he have to watch her live her life with Sasuke, forever in love, but from afar?" 

Knock...Knock...Knock...

Kakashi shook his head. He needed to concentrate. 

"Enter."

"Lord Sixth, these arrived from the post and are marked for you to read urgently." His ANBU Genma came walking into his office with a bundle of letters, wrapped and sealed for his eyes only.

"Please stop calling me Lord Sixth Genma." He really was tired of the title. Kakashi wondered who could be writing him urgently when he noticed a picture of a cherry blossom flower drawn on the top letter.

"You may leave Genma!" Genma whistled, and quickly took his leave.

"You finally wrote me back, Blossom."