CH. 13

Kakashi wouldn't say he's nervous but that's because he never had this foreign feeling in his gut before. He's looked death in the eye in many situations and never felt this feeling of floating or drifting off to sea with no boat.

Everything was planned out for his first date with Sakura and he couldn't stop the cascading thoughts of dread, over every minor detail.

He wanted to make Sakura comfortable and not scare her away from him. She already knew a lot about him and his past but who's to say that wouldn't make her run for the hills?

He wants to show her the other side of his personality though. Not the perverted, aloof, always-late-to-the-party sensei she's grown up around.

And the age difference was driving him mad. Over a decade older than her. Will she expect him to act more like her peers around her age or will she be expecting him to act like an old man?

As these thoughts were churning away in his head and stomach, he made sure to dress for the occasion. They both decided on something casual for their date, as he walked her back to work. So Kakashi dressed in his usual pants, with his usual jonin sweater. He left off his vest but kept his weapon pouch on his hip. The weather wasn't too hot but it started to get chilly after the sun goes down, so he figured he'd be fine in his sweater.

He shaved his face and actually put cologne on for once. Normally everything he used during his bathroom routine included unscented soaps/shampoo, but tonight he wanted Sakura to enjoy his scent. He already knew he really enjoyed hers.

Once dressed and ready, he made his way to Sakura's apartment, took a deep breath, and knocked twice on her door. He glanced around the hall to distract himself from his nerves. He heard Sakura yell to come in.

"I'm almost ready, give me two minutes Kakashi!" she yelled happily from her bedroom.

"Take your time." His stomach is in knots, so the longer she takes the more twisted his stomach gets.

Kakashi took a look around her apartment as he stood near her door waiting. It hasn't changed much since she moved in. Everything is basic and doesn't stand out much. She does have a large collection of medical books and scrolls on her table, but that's to be expected.

"Okay, I'm ready," Sakura announces from her bedroom door.

Kakashi's eyes slowly turn to see Sakura standing by her door, with the evening sun shining through her window nearby. Her hair is long and wavy, almost to her lower back. She normally wears it up but tonight she let it down into beautiful, silky, pink (almost lavender) tresses. She's wearing a mid-thigh, mint green sundress, with sakura petals, sprinkled all over the material.

Kakashi's mouth went dry.

Sakura grabbed a knitted white shawl off her couch, wrapped it over her shoulders, and walked towards Kakashi slowly. Her eyes raked over his body slowly and Kakashi couldn't help but feel his cheeks flush a little at her assessment.

"You look very handsome tonight Kakashi," Sakura said smiling at him, then went to grab her purse by the door.

"And you look exquisite." More like delectable.

He couldn't help himself when she stepped near him to grab her keys and sniffed her as she leaned around him. She smelled like summer and honey, with a hint of jasmine. Her scent was making his head spin and his thoughts travel down the wrong road. Damn his strong olfactory.

They both stepped out of Sakura's apartment and made their way to the apartment building entrance.

"So where to Kakashi?" Sakura asked curiously.

Kakashi took a look at Sakura's shoes and was glad that she wore her usual heeled boots for shinobi travel.

"Care for an adventure?" He asked when his eyes met her sparkling green orbs.

"Lead the way," Sakura replied, then wrapped her arm through Kakashi's, smiling back at him.