Ch. 22

"Sukea! Look over there! Let's go dance!" Sakura squealed, as she pulled Kakashi along with her in a death grip.

Kakashi laughed and followed along to where a bunch of couples was all dancing to the festive music.

After they finished eating at several food stalls, greeting friends, playing a few games, where Kakashi won her several small trinkets; they danced to several songs before they found a good spot to rest by a beautiful Sakura tree.

The fireworks would be starting soon and Sakura was ready to enjoy them in more ways than one.

She finally felt her heart flutter in a way that she never thought would be possible, but here she was. Butterflies in her stomach, cheeks matching her hair color, and heart-pounding out of her chest.

Relaxing in between Kakashi's legs, as he leaned against the tree, Sakura stared up at the sky to bask in the moonlight and stars. Smiling, she asked Kakashi, "Do you know what I love most about these kinds of festivals?"

Kakashi placed his nose in her hair and breathed in her scent, "Hmm?" he replied as he wrapped his arms around her torso, locking her into place against his warm body.

"Spending time with everyone I care about the most. After everything we've all been through, being here, enjoying our beautiful village together, being alive, that's what I love."

Sakura heard Kakashi whisper something softly into her hair, but she didn't catch what he said. He placed her chin in his palm and turned her head to the side, where he could gently kiss her. Making Sakura feel everything he wanted her to feel at that very moment.

SHEEE! BAM! BOOM! BAM!

Both Sakura and Kakashi kept kissing through most of the fireworks that night and Sakura couldn't complain. She was enjoying her own personal fireworks show as she kissed Kakashi more passionately as the show went on.

"Hey, Sakura-chan! Who are you kissing?!" Naruto yelled nearby, as he and Hinata came strolling up to the tree Sakura and Kakashi staked out.

Leave it to Naruto to ruin the moment.

Taking in a deep breath to keep her anger in check, Sakura turned her head towards the new couple with a big smile on her face. She noticed poor Hinata blushing beet red and giving her a very apologetic look.

"This is Sukea, Naruto. Don't you remember him?" She hoped not, because then he'd try to steal away her time with Kakashi, by asking a million questions.

"Hmm, he looks familiar. Were we on a mission together?" Naruto asked curiously, as Hinata tried to pull him away.

"We were Naruto. I'm that photographer who had helped you guys a couple of times with trying to find out what was under your sensei's mask." Kakashi replied dully.

He sounded just as irritated as Sakura was feeling by the minute.

"Oh yeah! Now I remember. You didn't help us that much though. Why are you here kissing Sakura-chan? Sakura-chan, where's Sasuke?" Naruto asked, not realizing that she and Sasuke were not on speaking terms at the moment.

"I have no idea where Sasuke is! And I don't really care! I'm on a date with Sukea, so if you'll excuse us! You look beautiful by the way Hinata." Sakura said angrily to Naruto, then turned her attention to beam at Hinata, who was looking uncomfortable.

"Wait! What?" Naruto yelled back.

Sakura didn't want to give him another moment of her time with Kakashi, so she dragged him away and back to her apartment.

On their way back, she couldn't help herself though and wanted to know if Kakashi had a talk with Sasuke about how he's been acting.

"I hate to bring this up during our date, but did you ever get a chance to speak to Sasuke?"

She didn't want to have a run-in with him any time soon.

Kakashi wrapped his arm around Sakura and replied, "Yes. I placed him on an extended mission. Hopefully, he'll have some time to think about his place here in the village. I'm sorry I didn't mention anything sooner, but I wanted this night to be just about us."

"That's good. I hope his mission is nothing too dangerous, but time away is just what we both need. And everything tonight has been perfect. I've never had so much fun at a festival as I have had tonight. Would you like to come in and have a couple of drinks?" She asked, enjoying Kakashi's warm body against her.

"I'd love to Sakura," Kakashi whispered huskily into her ear.

Oh, Kami! She might be giving Kakashi more than a couple of drinks tonight if he kept talking like that.