Ch. 16

It has been two weeks after their first date, and Sakura couldn't stop thinking about Kakashi. They both were falling asleep in each other's arms on the raft, so Kakashi took them back to shore, then gathered up the picnic leftovers, to store in a scroll.

They walked hand-in-hand back to Sakura's apartment at a slow pace, reminiscing about team 7's past. Kakashi also told a few stories about his team with Rin, Obito, and his sensei Minato. Sakura felt so moved that Kakashi was opening up to her because he normally kept to himself.

It was a rare day for her and her teammates to hear anything about Kakashi's past. Kakashi even kissed Sakura goodnight at her door, like a respectable gentleman, and Sakura couldn't stop the butterflies in her stomach from fluttering all night.

She wished they could have gone on a few more dates in the last two weeks but Kakashi became the Rokudaime Hokage. Now he was busier than ever and she only saw him when reporting on how the hospital was doing or how her plans are going with the children's clinic.

Gathering up the last charts from her inbox, Sakura read the details of her patient's reports, made a few notes, then placed them into her outbox. Today was a long day and all she wanted was a scolding hot shower, dinner, wine, and sleep.

Then a knock at her office door ruined her plans.

"Come in!"

"I hope I'm not interrupting you?" Sasuke said, peeking from behind her door.

"I'm actually getting ready to head home." I hope this isn't a social visit. Sakura sighed internally.

"I just want to apologize for hurting you," Sasuke said with no emotion, then took a seat in front of her desk.

"Sasuke, I'm exhausted and really don't feel like discussing this right now." Can't you see the bags under my eyes?

"I just think you should give me another chance. We can be great together. Don't let one stupid night ruin what we can have." He said irritability.

Sakura's blood started to boil.

"Stupid night?!" Who the fuck does he think he is?

"Sasuke, you took my virginity then left with no word for months! That was an important night for me and you think it's stupid?!"

Sakura jumped up from her seat, threw her white coat on the coat rack, and then angrily walked out of her office, not caring to lock up behind herself or to tell Sasuke to leave.

He has some nerve!

Luckily Sasuke didn't follow her, so he must have disappeared after she stormed out of her office. He's probably going to go brood about how unfair she's being towards him and how she should accept his apology.

Sakura was so angry that she didn't notice that she was walking towards the Hokage tower. Storming up to Kakashi's office door, she tries to push her way between the two Anbu standing guard.

"Do you have an appointment with the Hokage?" Anbu 1 questions.

"If he's not in a meeting, reading classified documents, or taking a shit, then you better get out of my way and let me enter!"

Anbu 2 giggled and nudged Anbu 1 out of her way. She's pretty positive it was Genma's giggle she heard coming from Anbu 2's mask.

Genma knocked on the door and poked his head in to announce Sakura. She heard Kakashi say "enter", then stormed her way inside, and stood in front of his desk.

Kakashi wasn't paying much attention, with his head buried in paperwork.

"Sasuke needs to be sent out on a long mission because clearly he's bored out of his mind!"

Kakashi looked up then.