CH. 38

"I'm sorry Sakura."

Sakura could only hope that his apology had something to do with calling her out of the village and away from Kakashi.

"You are right about my handle of emotions. I don't see the point in showing feelings most of the time, and I forget that I should consider everyone's feelings before making important decisions. After losing Itachi for the second time during the war, I realized that I owed him and my parents. My debt to Itachi was to bring back honor to the Uchiha clan by making amends to those we've wronged over the years. And the debt I owe my parents is to rebuild the clan and make it stronger than ever before." 

"You were one choice out of many to help me achieve that goal. With your training, background, and knowledge, I believe you can make our clan stronger than they ever dreamed of. I also considered Karen as a choice because of her Uzumaki bloodline. Knowing that both of you have feelings for me would make you both perfect for rebuilding my clan. I've also considered the Hyuga clan as well but realized since Hinata and Naruto are together, that only leaves her sister. However, her sister would have to become an Uchiha, and I doubt her father would allow that. So my thoughts were to only look for those with strong backgrounds, without clan titles. I will keep looking into my options, but for now, I can start with you and Karen."

She didn't know what to say. Deep down, she knows that it's beneficial to their village to rebuild the Uchiha clan and that he has a better chance with her and Karen. However, nowhere in his thought process did he consider love. Maybe Karen loves him, but she has long let go of those feelings. And now that Kakashi is showing her what it feels like to be loved by a man, why would she choose anyone else?

"Sasuke, I want to first say that I understand where you are coming from. It can't be easy for you to go through this process, with the weight of your clan and the village on your shoulders. And to add to that weight, you are still going out there in the world to pay for a debt that's not even all of yours to pay. You made valid points about considering certain strengths and bloodlines for rebuilding your clan, but there's one big part that you're missing in all of this."

Sasuke gave her a pointed look as if he felt that his assessment had no flaws. 

"And that is?"

"Love Sasuke. Maybe Karen loves you, and maybe you can find other women to also love you in the future, which will help you tremendously with raising your children. Those children will need the love of their parents to become stronger than their predecessors. The kind of love that your brother and you shared for each other. However, I don't share that love for you as I have in the past." 

"After everything we've been through, I still think highly of you, but that's it. What I'm trying to say is that I love Kakashi. And he is the only one I'd be willing to share a life with, as well as build a clan with. But understand, I will still help you with rebuilding your clan. I can still help fertilize and incubate fertilized eggs for you. I'll even help the women you choose to rebuild your clan during their pregnancy. But I will not marry you, and I will not bear your children Sasuke."

Sasuke tilted his head in understanding before getting up. 

"Thank you, Sakura." He then proceeded to walk away but Sakura stopped him in his tracks.

"Now hold up there. Before we start, I need you to drop your pants. For this to work with Karen, I need to inject her chakra into your scrotum." 

Sakura couldn't help but grin widely at Sasuke's sweatdrop. Oh and look, his eye is twitching. 

Good.