Chapter 9 - "What's wrong to be someone's last choice?..."

"Um..m..Nyo Aunty asked me to call you for dinner. I am sorry if I bothered you."

Nandini muttered hesitantly by slightly shifting the curtain. She was actually confused and tentative to come again to Manik's room after yesterday's obnoxious experience. However, she couldn't fathom what exactly induced her to confront him once again. She even couldn't comprehend why she felt a bizarre desolation and melancholy in her heart when she saw Manik sitting there with closed eyes. The despondence was so palpable in every line of his face that Nandini was almost on a verge of hiding him in her secure embrace to soothe the pain. At that moment there was no bitter emotion in her mind and heart.Nonetheless, she withdrew herself as she didn't want to face this vulnerable Manik. She would have left if his potent voice wouldn't have stopped her pace.

"You haven't answered. Have you given up on me?"

Manik asked again still with his closed eyes.

"I think that doesn't matter anything to you now. If it would have then my hope might have won."

....................................

"Are you still into Manik? "

Navya asked this time with a stern voice. Nandini fixed her eyes again with her but this time in confusion.

"Nandu, Manik is very different from you. His life, goals and priorities will never match yours. I know that our families are very close but Manik is different from his family too. His reckless lifestyle and his Casanova image don't match your simple life. You are too naive for him."

Navya clutched her hands and said in a worried tone.

"You know that he is not serious about any girl. Childhood friendship is ok but more than that is not a good decision because you deserve to be someone's first choice."

She said and got up to place herself in the bed. However, Nandini's question rooted her for a moment.

"What's wrong to be someone's last choice?"

Author's note: Read the full chapters in Inkitt.