Chapter 105 - "Let destiny decide our fate..."

"Just think if he can kill someone for you then he can easily kill himself for his baby. Thank you, Nandini for making my work more interesting. Now, I have two weak points about my enemy. You and your baby and I know how to use these weak points."

The uncertainty left Nandini's mind. More fear clouded her eyes. A garble of protest let out her open mouth. Harshad kept his index finger on her lips and mouthed in a commanding tone.

"Shhhhh....Not to me. Tell your smart husband to come and save both of you. Let me connect him."

Harshad switched on Nandini's mobile and tapped Manik's number.

........................................

"In that case, we have to take the help of the police."

"No! I will find her out. Let me see how far she can go from me. For how long?"

Manik sounded challenging. Cabir rested his hand on Manik's shoulder and mouthed in a composed tone,

"Manik, this is not the time to take it on ego. I know she misunderstood you but you have to understand that she is pregnant and, in this stage, a female often behaves irrationally. Don't make it more complicated. Try to call her one more time and if you can't get through then call the police. We can't think about our reputation right now. It's a matter of her safety too. Please."

...........................................

"YOU HAVE ALREADY FINISHED ME, MANIK. I have nothing to lose now. But you have everything and it will be fun to destroy them bit by bit. Let me start with your wife."

He was about to cut the call when Cabir's voice was heard,

"Harshad...Harshad...come down. Don't harm Nandini. You know her condition, right. Don't be a monster. Okay, we will free you from all charges. Police or NCB won't disturb you anymore but don't involve yourself in such charges that even the law can't free you from. Leave Nandini and we will let you go."

Cabir's words beamed Harshad's eyes with a diabolic emotion. In a raspy tone, he countered,

"Here comes the most intelligent Malhotra. I wish your stepbrother were like you then most probably I would have no complaints with Malhotras. But you know, you are not in that condition to negotiate nor am I very keen to get a clean chit from the law. Rather I am more interested to show your brother his place. Under my shoes. So, cut the crap and send him. I am sending you the location. And I repeat...no extra smartness, no plan and plotting because this time the trump card is in my hand and I know how to use it. Got it? Bye. See you soon. Till then, let me talk to Nandini. Poor she! Look at her. How scared and tired she is. Very bad. Let me serve her properly. Bye. Cia."

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt.  

Suk🙏❤