Chapter 102 - "Bye, Manik...!"

"You are mine, Nandini. Only mine. I want your unshared love."

Saying this, he pounced on her side neck. Nandini felt a bee sting pain in that area. However, his words pulled her back from her trance. 'Unshared love'...that means he won't even tolerate their child between them. The old uncertainty and fear clouded her mind. No, Manik can't share her with anybody. Not even with his own blood. Repulsion rushed to her every vein. With a jerk, she pushed him away from her body and got up from the couch. Manik looked at her with perplexed eyes. Nandini was staring at his surprised eyes while Manik mouthed in a hurtful tone,

"Nandini...Please...!"

"I am sorry....I am sorry...I can't...I can't..."

Only this much Nandini could utter and she bailed out of the room.

..........................................

"Are you listening? I need bail. Call my lawyer and arrange it."

In the next moment, officer Rane sprung up from his seat and neared the cell. His eyes were spiting annoyance.

"Low your tone, Mr Saxena. It's my decency that I am still addressing you as Mr Saxena. Otherwise, we deal with the drug dealers in a totally different way and I am sure you won't like that way. For your kind information, advocate Pradhan has stepped back from the Aryamaan Khurana case. Neither is he interested in your drug case. He has submitted your confession where you have admitted that you and not Manik Malhotra were responsible for Aryamaan's accident. More of that, Aryamaan Khurana is keen to change his statement too. If he says that you pushed him from the terrace then no one can save you, Mr. Neither any lawyer nor your money and this attitude. So, learn to adjust in this room because very soon it will be your permanent address."

Officer Rane stirred his forefinger at Harshad's ashen face while muttering in an intimidating tone. Harshad gulped to moist his dry throat and meeked out,

"It's a conspiracy...officer, listen to me. I...I was told to say those words. That girl...Soha Khurana...she...she told me that Mr Pradhan advised me to make a video to mislead Manik as he is trying to frame me. She told me that...that the police have already been bribed by him and they have tampered with the proof of my innocence. Please, officer...I made another video where I clearly said that I have nothing to do with Aryamaan's accident. Yes, I spiked Manik's soup but that's it. I am innocent, officer. I am not a murderer nor a drug dealer. Please believe me. It's a huge conspiracy. That bastard Manik Malhotra. He...he framed me. Please believe me."

...........................................

"And what if we stop the treatment? How much time does she have?"

The doctor hardened his jaw and replied in a grave tone,

"2,3 or maximum 4 months. It's hard to say. At the end of the day, we are not God. We can't exactly predict anybody's death time."

The word death almost ripped off Dhruv's heart. He held his breath and replied in a determined voice,

"Discharge her, doctor. We are going back to India. As long as she is breathing, it should be peaceful. I can't change the destiny but I can give her peace and love till she...."

Author's note: Read the full chapter on Inkitt.