Chapter 101 - "Dad's life or your truth...?"

"Oh...so, you spied on me and saw us in that hotel. Hat's off, Nandini. No! Even hat's off to all women. They even themselves don't know what they actually want. They want their husbands around them and at the same time, they feel suffocated by their men's possessiveness. Like you don't want to be with me but you don't want me with someone else either. Now, tell me what should I do? I am a man after all. If my wife is pushing me away then I will go to someone else, right? You know men are men. It's their natural instinct. And what is wrong with Soha? In fact, I think she is the best for me. I am the wrong guy. A very bad boy. Then only a wrong and bad girl can match my level. You know the evil duo."

Manik concluded with a wink. Till then, Nandini was listening to him with her flared nose and fire-spitting eyes. Now, her grip on his tee-shirt button became tighter. She shook him a couple of times and almost yelled,

"Yes, you are a bad boy.Very bad boy. Who is only good for me. I know you were with Soha in that hotelroom. But I also know that you haven't broken my trust. You can't because I amyour best match. Then why all these are getting so complicated. Soha told me somany things that how I was imposed on you by your family. How you arecompromising with your life. But I didn't believe a single word of hers. Then shesent me a video where you said that marriage is not for you. You can't becommitted to one person for your entire life. I am your mistake and you want to rectify it. Then what could I do?After all, I am a woman. A human being. Like you, I have also my insecurities."

.................................................

"Well, I am Harshad Saxena. Son of Yash Saxena. CEO and the owner of Saxena Industries is giving this new statement that my previous statement is not fully true. At the party night, Manik and Arya were on the terrace. They might have a quarrel but I am not sure. I didn't see anything. After some time, Manik came down and I went upstairs. Arya was standing beside the terrace parapet facing outside. His body was leaning a bit towards the outside. I walked to him and touched him by his shoulder. But he got startled so much that he lost his balance fell from the terrace. I became very scared and without thinking much came down. After that, I thought to encase this matter and blamed Manik for this accident. Even Aryamaan told the same thing in his statement. So, it made my assertion stronger. Today I am telling this truth because I think I am doing wrong. I shouldn't stoop so low in my anger and grudges for Manik Malhotra. He is a scoundrel but he didn't try to kill Aryamaan. I am sorry for my lies."

Manik tapped the stop icon and faced Nandini's quizzical expression.

"It is true? Aryamaan fell by accident? Harshad was trying to frame you?"

Nandini spat so many questions at a time. Manik shrugged and reclined on the sofa folding his hands on his chest.

"Who knows? But this video is genuine. No tampering no editing."

.............................................

"What? Are you crazy? It was Manik for sure. I was not so drunk that I can't recognize him. I won't change my statement ever. He should rot in jail."

Aryamaan hissed and again tried to rise from the sofa but Soha yanked him by his hand again.

"Bro, relax. I know what istrue what is a lie. I know Manik is solely responsible for that incident. But Ialso know what is the demand of the situation. Manik may get the benefit ofdoubt as Harshad admitted that he drugged him. Though you are telling that youwere not drunk but many people at the party saw you drinking. Their advocatecan prove that you were also under the influence of alcohol and it's notimpossible to imagine all these. Or even more, they can try to prove it as anaccident by your negligence. You were drunk and you lost your balance. Simple.

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt. This chapter is dedicated to my sister Rashmin bhardwajrashmin. Today is her birthday. I know if I had been well, she would have demanded this gift from me. So, this is your alcohol dose.😂😂😂 Hope you liked the surprise. Happy birthday once again.🎂💐💐 Enjoy your special day and keep smiling always. 🤗❤❤More Manan scenes will be in the next.