Chapter 79-" I need to talk..."

"What happened that night on the terrace? Please don't hide anything from me because after knowing your side of the story, I also have something to tell you."

Mukti placed her query. Aryamaan reclined his head more to the pillow. His eyes were fixed to the ceiling.

"Manik and I had a brawl. He was blaming me for snatching the London deal by cheating. He also put an allegation on me that I am empoisoning Nandini against him. He has a doubt that I am trying to befriend Nandini because I like her. The quarrel increased and we started a hand-to-hand fight."

"Is that the reason you said Vibha to save Nandini from Manik as you thought that Manik could harm her too?"

Mukti further asked and Aryamaan bobbed in positive and continued,

"I tried to stop him as he seemed intoxicated. I know that he is a short-tempered, hot-headed, impulsive person but he was in another level of his hatred for me that night. He didn't want to listen to any word of mine and eventually he overpowered me and pushed me from the terrace. I immediately blacked out and after that, gained my sense in the nursing home. Rest you know."

Aryamaan left a deep sigh. Though it was anticipated by Mukti, one thing was bothering her to the core. She further asked,

"Arya, why didn't you give your statement to the police against Manik till now? It is a clear case of an attempt to murder and I know even you are not in a good term with Manik. Is it for Nandini?"

Aryamaan kept quiet for a moment and wobbled in deny.

"No..the reason is not Nandini but my father Vedant Khurana."

His words brought a deep frown to Mukti's forehead. With a great surprise, she demanded,

"Vedant Uncle! How?"

...............................................

"Hmmmm...masterstroke. Kudos, Harshad. But every fox must pay his skin to the furrier. We will catch you, fox. By the way, Arya, I have a thing to show you. Now, you decide whether you want me to give this to the police or you. I found it in Manik's bedroom."

Mukti asked and took out the chain and the pendant from her pocket. Aryamaan kept staring at it for a moment and muttered,

"I don't like Manik, Muktidi but I don't want him to be punished on a whim of hatred too. Harshad is more guilty than Manik because he backstabbed both of us behind the mask of a friend. He should be exposed and punished."

He forwarded his hand and took the chain from Mukti's hand. However, his further words made Mukti stock-still for a moment.

"Muktidi, how is Nandini? Manik didn't do anything wrong with her...right?"

.........................................

Nandini sounded funny. Both the sister kept staring at each other for a couple of seconds and in the next moment burst into laughter. Navya scooted forward and hugged Nandini tightly. Her hands pressed the wounds of her back. Unwillingly a suppressed moan let out Nandini's mouth. Navya immediately withdrew herself from Nandini's proximity.

"What happened? Anything wrong? Did I hurt you? I am sorry but I wasn't that harsh."

Navya's voice had confusion. Nandini became alert.

"Nothing...I have back pain for a couple of days. That's why...Come...let's sit inside. By the way, how was your camp? You were supposed to come last week."

Nandini got up and tried to mend the matter. She turned to the room when Navya further asked,

"Is this bruise the reason for your so-called back pain? Nandu, I need to talk."

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt.