Chapter 111- " Blood never betrays "

"No, your mistake won't affect the baby's health. Until now, her baby is fit and fine. No complications as such. And as a doctor and friend...yes a sister-in-law also can be a friend (she smiles at him); I would advice you, stop overthink about your past. Because if you keep on recalling your past then you can't enjoy your present and build a meaningful future with Nandini. YES. She deserves your love, care and attention. She deserves happiness. And if you are not happy then how will you make her happy? So, focus on the future and enjoy this phase. Trust me, for a couple, the pregnancy phase is the most precious one. Cherish it."

She uttered with lots of affection and conviction while pressing Manik's hand. Some moments of silence passed. Then Manik got up. The restlessness of his eyes was not anymore in his eyes. Navya also left her seat. Manik was about to head for the exit when he turned back. His eyes were full with gratitude.

"I never considered you as my friend nor my would-be sis-in-law. I even tried my hard to separate you from Cabir and I know you know the reason. But as you advised, I won't recall my mistakes anymore rather I will try not to repeat them. But I must say, Cabir is lucky to have you in his life. As I am to have Nandini. You sister due are special."

He winked at Navya and left hastily leaving behind a baffled Navya. Her wide-open mouth gradually got closed and a smile replaced it.

"That's the usual Manik. Keep it up!"

She uttered in a low affectionate tone.

.............................

"There is another twist in Harshad's case."

Cabir mouthed mystically. Shrikant came closer and placed a hand on Nyonika's shoulder while asking,

"Twist? What's that?"

"Police said Harshad died of poisoning. Nyo Masi's bullet only injured his shoulder. She didn't kill him."

Mukti revealed.

"Then who killed him? I mean who poisoned him. And most importantly, how? He was always with Nandini after kidnapping her."

Shrikant showed his doubt.

"What do you mean, Dad? Are you doubting Nandini? Absurd!"

Author's note: Full chapter is on Inkitt.