Chapter 114 - "She deserves happiness..."

"I had so many admirers since my school days, Arun. All used to like me. I have that charm. You are not an exception. But that doesn't mean I will marry all of them."

She mouthed in a proud and determined tone while trailing her index finger along Arun's jawline and continued,

"But one thing I must admit. You are the best among them because you speak my mind. I also believe that every favour has a price. But marriage will be a bit high price for this favour. An evening with Soha Khurana is the dream of many men. And I have given you that privilege. Don't spoil it with your high expectation."

She patted Arun's cheek and flipped to walk away but Arun Karmakar clutched her wrist and yanked her. Soha lost her balance and landed on his lap. Karmakar held her jaws in between his fingers and neared his face so close that his balmy breath lashed her skin.

"I know that you are a bitch but I am more houndish than you. I won't be satisfied with a mere evening with you, Baby. You have to marry me if you want me to help you in this revenge game. If this is my high expectation then I am highly ambitious. But I am definitely not a fool. So, don't try to fool me. Otherwise, you will be in deep shit because if I am a good friend then I am the worst enemy too."

He hissed penetrating Soha's wide eyes with his intimidating ones. Soha took some moments to muster her endurance and slowly freed herself from Karmakar's grip. She sat on his lap comfortably and snaked his neck with her ivy hands.

"I am not making you fool, Darling. I was just testing your commitment. You are really the best and different from others. To get your desired thing, you can bring out the worst of you. And I like evil men over goodie ones."

She said huskily. Karmakar pulled her more and mouthed in a passionate tone,

"So, can I take it as your consent? Soha, after this case, we will get married and fly to New York. In any case, your family is going to settle in the U.S.A so, it will be smooth for you."

.......................................

"Have you come here to glorify your best friend?"

She still sounded rigid although she didn't try to remove Manik's hand from her head. It felt soothing.

"No, I have come here to meet my other friend whom I ignored for a long. And I hope she won't kick me out."

Manik's tone is light and frolic. Gradually a faint smile peeped on Aliya's lips. She retorted,

"I wish I could."

She stepped aside to allow Manik to enter.

"Before you start your ranting, tell me. How is Nandini? I hope she is now out of shock. And yes, congratulations! My bad. I won't be able to meet your little one."

Aliya's voice got choked for a moment. Tears glinted in the corner of her eyes. Manik kept silent for a moment. It is the toughest task to see a good soul suffering.

Author's note: Read the full chapter on Inkitt. 🙏