Chapter 88 - "The feeling is mutual, Mr Cabir Malhotra..."

"Wait!...Officer show me the warrant and Manik and Navya; you both haven't grown up so much yet that you can take all decisions leaving us in dark. I want to know everything. All....please sit down."

Shrikant sounded overbearing. Nyonika stared up to glance at the bedroom of Manan and said in an obstinate voice,

"As the plaintiff is Nandini then I think she should be present. Navya, call her."

"No, Mom....there is no need. I am accepting all accusations, right? Then what is the need to ask her?"

Manik mouthed with agitation and worry. Nyonika honoured his younger son with her probable eyes,

"Because this time I want to know everything before judging a situation. As your Dad said, it's shocking that something so serious has already happened without our knowledge. For your kind information, this is the first time that the police have come to the Malhotra Mansion. All credits go to the young generation."

..........................................

"Say something, Mrs Malhotra. Is it true?"

The inspector again interrogated.

"It was an accident. He was not in his senses. Whatever happened was a misunderstanding and we have already sorted it out."

Nandini delivered every word in a clear voice. Navya shook her lightly and chided in desperation,

"Nandu...why are you lying? Speak the truth and get him arrested."

Nandini's cold eyes fixed on her sister for a while and then hovered over her shoulder to address the officer,

"Inspector, you can't arrest my husband in a rape case against me because I am his wife and an adult too. In our country, marital rape is not punishable if the wife is above 18. I know you have my medical report as proof but I am denying being assaulted by my husband. He is inno..."

Before she could finish her words, Navya's palm forcefully landed on her cheek.

"COWARD!...You are blind in love. What do you think...your stupid sacrifices will change this bloody criminal? He is ruining your life and I hate him for that but I hate you more as you are egging him on his wrong deeds. When will you understand that he is not meant for you? Open your eyes and come out of this illusion that he loves you."

..........................................

"ENOUGH NYO. You are again doing the same mistake. You always judge Manik without thinking over every angle of the situation. Yes, he did a big sin and I am feeling so sad for Nandini and Arya but he didn't do it intentionally. Cabir showed you the medical report, right? He was not in his sense then how can you say that he doesn't deserve Nandini? On the contrary, I have seen real concern in his eyes for her for the first time. He genuinely loves her and he is feeling guilty for his deed. Otherwise, he wouldn't have admitted his crime and got ready to go to jail. Being a mother, you should feel his pain and frustration. But unfortunately, you couldn't but Nandini did. He did so wrong with her but still, she didn't take any decision in haste. I am really proud of her. Not for that, she saved Manik and Malhotra family's reputation but she saved her love for him."

Shrikant's voice made Nyonika step back for a moment but again she hissed out,

"And what about your other son's life? Can't you see that Manik's mistake has created problems between Cabir and Navya's relationship? For your kind information, she is leaving Malhotra Mansion and I have no right to hold her back. Cabir, now what is your call in this matter? Will you still support your brother and let your fiancé go from your life? Will you?"

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt.