Chapter 98- "You are such a Monster, Manik..."

"You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever. I love you, Nandini. Promise me...you will never leave me alone."

Manik lightly yanked Nandini by holding her hands. However, Nandini didn't budge from her place. Manik looked at her eyes. They had no palpable emotion.

"Nandini, say something. I love you!"

Manik said again with hope and anticipation. This time some tremor was noticed in her eyelashes. Her lips curved in a sarcastic smile. Her white pearl teeth shined in the dim moonlight.

"I don't love you, Manik. I can't be yours. I can't be with you."

Her words almost emptied his heart instantly. A fearful cry let out his mouth,

"Why?"

"Because you deserve to be alone. You don't deserve love. Nobody loves you so how can I? Let me go, Manik. Let me leave you!"

..................................................

"Hiding things only makes people away from each other. We did the same and now we are here. I told you everything today so that it won't create any further misunderstanding between us. I hope you will do the same."

Manik mouthed in a grave voice and turned on his heels and left. Nandini placed her hand on her stomach and mumbled,

"I don't know, Manik what is right and what is wrong. But right now, I am only thinking about my baby. I am confused about your feeling, Manik. You say that you love me but simultaneously you don't believe that I will never leave you. What if you become more insecure about me after our child? What if you consider our baby as a barrier between us? I can't take this risk, Manik? I can't."

.....................................................

"You know, smile is a free therapy. See you smiled and I almost thought that you are ready to get out of this bed."

Dhruv's words instantly mitigated the smile in her eyes. She turned her face and muttered in a despondent voice,

"It will never happen, Dhruv. Don't keep hope beyond hope. I came here, admitted here because you wanted so. But that doesn't mean any miracle is going to happen."

Dhruv pulled the stool nearer to the bed so that he could touch her properly. He rested his palm on Aliya's forehead and replied in a hopeful voice,

"Aliya, if smile is a therapy, then will power to get well is the keyword to recover from any illness. Keep faith in yourself. You agreed to the treatment for my wish then keep faith in my faith too. I will make you well."

He halted for a moment and then concluded,

"Remember, miracles happen to those who believe."

Author's note: So, this chapter is dedicated to the birthday girl Sakshi Mehta. sakshimehta2She asked me for a birthday gift as a new update of Malevolent love and here it is. I hope you like it. Happy birthday once again. 💐💐💐💐🎂🎂🎂🥳🥳🥳🥳
Read the full chapter in Inkitt.🙏❤