Chapter 115 - "Aliya also wants this..."

"I just want to know if this drug contains thallium or not. And if it does then how much quantity?"

Manik kept the tablets on the platform. The chemist shop salesman observed Manik's expression and then concentrated on the tablets. He picked one of them and looked at it minutely if any name or symbol is printed on that. His brows furrowed.

"Which tablet is it? Do you have the strip or the box? Otherwise, it is difficult to tell this."

He asked curiously. Manik scoffed under his breath and replied sternly,

"If I had then I wouldn't have come to you. I would have googled it rather."

......................................

"Nothing will happen to Nandini. We won't allow anyone to harm her. I have already got the anticipatory bail for her. And don't underestimate Manik. You know to what extent he can go to protect his loved ones. And here it's about his life. Nandini. Here he will go beyond his limitations. So, keep faith in him. He will do a far better job than a private investigator. By the way, your guess is right. ACP Karmakar is too adamant to prove Nandini the murderer and here the question arises. Why?"

Cabir paused. Both of them kept on looking at each other as if they were trying to answer that 'why'. Navya parted her lips and mouthed,

"Because he has some personal interest? And if so then..."

Cabir finished her line in an excited tone,

"Then we need to dig out that interest which Manik is doing right now. Navya, I always wanted my brother to be calm, composed, honest and angel heart. But now, I think sometimes a devil is needed to fight against evil."

Cabir's words brought a mischievous grin to Navya's lips. She asked sarcastically,

"You called your brother a devil?"

Cabir sense the mischief and uttered with a confident smile,

"Yes, sometimes he is a devil but only for those who mess up with him. And here I have no objection."

.....................................

"When will I get the report?"

Manik asked eagerly. The receptionist of the lab answered,

"By the evening sir. We will mail you the report."

"No! I will come to collect it. By the way, at that time can I talk to some of your pathologists or consultants? I have some queries regarding the report."

..........................................

"There are many truths that got revealed to me today. And frankly speaking, I am quite shaken from the inside. I never knew that my past and my deeds could harm Nandini in this way."

Some moments of silence lingered in the air. Only the rumbling sound of the waves kept the surrounding alive. Manik continued,

"Aliya almost allowed me to know the truth. I am sure she purposely drew my attention to her medicine, so that, I could have access to them and can examine it. In fact, she proactively said that this medicine is poisonous to a healthy person."

Dhruv intervened,

"So, did you get them examined?"

"Yes. They have thallium in them and a fair quantity of thallium is enough to kill a person. Aliya had the weapon to kill her brother. But my question was, did she know that this step of hers could put Nandini in trouble? Or she did this to put me in trouble?"

Manik paused while Dhruv tried to intervene but Manik didn't allow him.

"Perhaps I foolishly had blamed her for her sacrifice if I wouldn't have seen Karmakar with Soha today."

Author's note: This story is on its way to the end. Read the full chapter in Inkitt.