Chapter 89 - "It's about me and Manik..."

"I have lost my right to stop you, Navu. Still, I am begging of you. Don't do this. Don't leave this house. Kishu Amma never wanted it."

"Amms didn't want many things, Nyo Aunty but those all happened. Those happened in front of our eyes and were ignored by some people. (She glared at Cabir) Manik blackmailed Nandu with my fake involvement in an organ scam and forced her to marry him. He framed Cabir and tried creating misunderstandings between us. Now, he raped my sister and left her suffering. And your other son knew everything. Still, he kept quiet. Why? Because he wanted to be the best brother, best son. But he forgot that he has other relationships and he has some responsibilities towards them. But the irony is, I lost the battle to my trusted ones. I trusted Cabir and he broke it. I trusted my sister and put my relationship at stake for her but she also left me with empty hands. Aunty, I am a fool. I cared for others when they didn't need it. And if they don't need me then why should I drag this burden?"

Navya got partially choked while uttered the last line. Nyonika immediately held her by her shoulders.

"Navu..relationships are not a burden. Nandini saved Manik because she unconditionally loved him. But that doesn't mean she doesn't love you. And about Cabir;...since his childhood, he has been repaying his dues towards this family. I don't know why he always feels indebted when we never considered him as our adopted child. Perhaps he knows that I love him more than Manik and for that, he always feels guilty and tries to repay it by covering Manik's mistakes. I know how much pain he is bearing in his heart to see you like this."

................................................

"Uncle Aunty...as of now I am breaking my engagement with Cabir. If any day I regain my trust in this relationship I will happily accept my mistake and beg for his forgiveness. (She pointed towards Cabir) But not now...I need time. For me...for my life. I am not leaving this home as my other relationships need me."

Navya paused for a while and looked at Cabir to continue,

"I want to hear Harshad's confession. Can you trust me on that?"

Cabir took some time to answer and then replied,

"I can trust your love for me."

.................................................

Nandini was sitting in her bedroom when her mobile rang. It's an unknown number. She leisurely picked the call up. A disdainful voice greeted her with a lot of prigs,

"Hi, Nandini. It's Soha. Can you meet me for once? I need to tell you something."

Although Nandini knows Soha they never interacted so closely. Her forehead lined in confusion.

"Ummmm...I am not well..not be able to step out. May I know what do you want to talk about? We can talk on the phone too."

Nandini said formally. But Soha's reply hitched her heart for a second.

"You have to, Nandini. It's about me and Manik."

Author's note: Read the full chapter on Inkitt.