Chapter 93 - "Until I win again..."

"Nobody told me anything. Suddenly I have realized that I am too simple, too predictable for you. Navu was right...I am not your type. You deserve something different who is more attractive, more intelligent and more desirable, who can match your standard. I am just an ordinary girl...who can only love you. But love can't fulfil every desire. It's my mistake that I made you committed so early, so predictably when you always liked to be a free bird. Our marriage is a cage for you, Manik and I don't want to cage you against your will. Whatever...whatever was there between us is nothing if you are not happy. You deserve a free life...and...and so do I. So, let's break this chain and free each other. You will be happy and better without me."

Nandini mouthed in one go. Her voice was devoid of any instability. Manik hardened his jaw and shoved her lightly. His eyes were spitting pain and antipathy at a time.

"Who are you to decide whether I will be happy or not without you? I thought you want to go abroad because you want a break from this relationship. I thought you need some time to forgive me...to forget your pain. But I never thought that you actually want to get rid of me...forever. Listen, Nandini...I admit that my love for you is toxic. It's suffocating for you and to some extent, intolerant but that doesn't mean you misinterpret my love for you. Yes, I liked to be a free bird, I didn't believe in love, in relationships, in commitments and you know the reason behind that. But that is I was..not that I am now. You made me believe in true love...unconditional love. In fact, my toxic love is a burden for you but I know you never considered it so. Then what happened today? Why have you lost that belief in that love? Once you said that your love for me is enough to bound me forever. Where have you lost that belief? If I am a free bird then you are my home after a long journey. You have not caged me but you have given me my nest."

Manik again came nearer when uttered with intensity. Nandini kept her eyes on him for a while and then turned her face. His brown orbs were making her weak and at that time, she wanted to be practical.

"Then think that I only want to break that nest."

..................................................

"I heard the audio. Do you think it will be enough to prove that Harshad was behind this all mess?"

Navya's query didn't get answered immediately. Instead, Cabir answered her with a counter-question,

"Before that, I want to ask you something. Is it enough to prove to you that Manik was the victim of circumstances? Whatever he did was a forced and planned mistake? Do you believe that?"

Navya remained silent for a while and then replied,

"Can my belief normalize Nandu and Manik's relationship again?"

Cabir got up from the chair and stood straight in front of Navya.

"I don't know but at least he will get some motivation to work on it. Navya, I know you were never in the favour of Nandini and Manik's relationship but you can't deny that they love each other. Maybe their love is different...not like other people...not even like us.."

He halted for a second and realized that he might touch a sensitive chord. However, to his surprise, Navya finished his line,

"No...they are not like us. Our love often fails in tests. It often needs proof and assurance but their love doesn't depend on these. Cabir, as I told Nandu, I don't want to separate them. Come on. She is my sister. How can I break her home? I just want her to be happy. Whether it is with Manik or with some other person. But..."

Her unfinished words created an uneasiness in Cabir. Navya's eyes were emitting uncertainty. He came closer and asked in a grave tone,

"But?...Is there anything that you are concerned about? Tell me Navya. It's not the time to hide things from each other."

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt. Sorry for the late update. 🥺🥺