Chapter 72 - "Just pray for her..."

"What...happened to Nandu? What have I...done to her?" 

His words ricocheted,unanswered. Manik immediately got down from the bed and untied her legs with frisk hands. Then he lifted her slacken body a bit and tugged out the bedsheet from the bed. He opened the cupboard and took out his lower and tee shirt to clothe his bare body. After that, he pulled out a loose nightdress for Nandini and neared the bed. Nandini was still lying like a lifeless puppet. Very carefully Manik covered her bruised, scratched and molested body with the dress. His eyes were burning with pain and disgust. Only one line was twirling in his mind, "Did I, do it? Why did I do it?"

........................................

"She has been raped..."

Cabir flipped in shock. He took some moment to sink into those words and then clawed Manik's biceps.

"WHAT! What the hell are you talking about? When? Where? ...In the party? Who? Tell me exactly for God's sake. Do you know anything? Did she tell you anything? Where were you at that moment? Oh God..."

Cabir kept on ranting and yelling in frustration. 

..........................................

Dr Sippy took some time to gather her words,

" I think she got Meningitis. The high fever and the stiff neck are indicating that only. However, we have to do some tests to be sanguine. But....but...I don't know how to say...she...she has been brutally raped too. Perhaps her condition has deteriorated so much for this added physical strain. I am sorry to say but she is critical and we have to move her to the hospital immediately. Or else...anything can happen. Just pray for her." 

Author's note: New chapter 72 is updated. Read the full chapter in Inkitt.❤

Read MALEVOLENT LOVE for free on Inkitt. https://www.inkitt.com/stories/romance/249467?utm_source=shared_ios