Chapter 73 -"I will make her fine..."

"Blood test! Mine? Why? I am absolutely fine." 

He expressed his confusion. 

"Yes, you are fine now but I am sure you were not last night. Or else only alcohol can't erase a person's whole memory of the last night. I am sure you consumed something or you were tricked to consume something which has the capacity to make a person forget everything. Manik, whatever you did last night with Nandini can't be the work of a person who is in his slightest sense. Unless and until he is a sex maniac or has grudges against the victim. Here you are not either of those. So, I need to know which thing made you so insane and for that you need the blood test done."

Cabir stated his doubt. Manik bit his lip. Suddenly a thought came to his mind.

"Cabir, what will I tell Dad and Mom? We can't hide Nandu's condition from them."

He sounded tensed. Cabir's forehead furrowed in deep thought. He took some seconds to gather his thoughts. 

"Right now, they should know only about her fever. Rest we will disclose later. But my fear is something else." 

He paused for a moment and eyed Manik's worried face.

"Navya! She is coming tomorrow and unfortunately; she is a medical student." 

Cabir sounded perturbed.

............................................................. 

Vedant's derogatory words made Mukti bend her head in guilt. In a suppressed voice she muttered, 

"I am sorry Uncle. I don't know how it happened. I...I.. didn't have the slightest idea...it...it is too...shocking for me." 

She stuttered. Tears pricked her eyes.

"Even it is shocking for me too that Arya was not safe even in his so-called sister and brother-in-law's place. I should have stopped him to go." 

Vedant's blunt remark jabbed Mukti's heart. She only could utter, 

"Uncle...Please..." 

When a nurse shouted from the closed ICU door,

"Doctor, quick. The patient is responding."

.......................................................

"Mom, please. Stop blaming Manik for everything. It was my decision to not tell you both anything because first I wanted to start Nandini's treatment as soon as possible. Dad is recovering and I didn't want him to be worried." 

Cabir said with full conviction. He knew that he has to manage the whole situation very carefully if he wants to save Manik. Nyonika shrugged in defeat. Only then, Shrikant asked the most expected question, 

"But why at home, Cabir? She should have admitted to a nursing home. Are you sure you have told us everything? Nandini is fine...right?" 

Author's note:  New chapter 73 is updated. Read the full chapter in Inkitt. 👈❤