Chapter 109 - "She only needs you..."

"It was me who shot Harshad. Mom is lying."

Suddenly Manik chided. Mukti placed her palm on his shoulder to control him.

"But the revolver was in Nyo's hand. How did your revolver come to her? Moreover, she gave her statement that Harshad was trying to shoot you and Nandini and she shot him to save both of you. Damn it! Can someone tell me what exactly happened?"

Shrikant Malhotra cried in frustration. Manik slouched on the sofa and palmed his face.

"Please Manik. Tell us from the start to the end. Only then, we can save Nyo Masi from this case."

Abhimanyu mouthed in an eager voice. But before Manik's reply, Navya intervened,

...................................

"After that?"

Shrikant asked.

"I lost my control and picked my revolver up. He pointed his revolver at Nandini's head. Meanwhile, Mom reached there. She requested Harshad to leave Nandini. But he didn't give any heed to our plea. On the other hand, Nandini's condition turned worse. She started having cramps in her stomach. Mom and I were almost begging Harshad to leave Nandini. On the contrary, he increased his torture on her. He tried to drag her behind a boulder. Nandini was struggling as he was garroting her...she..she..."

Manik choked. He shut his eyes to suppress his pain. Mukti perched beside him and held him by his shoulder.

"I know it's difficult to recollect all these traumatized things once again. But it's necessary to know. Otherwise, Nyo Masi can't be saved."

She mouthed in a low consoling voice. Manik took some time and then continued,

"Harshad was continuously provoking me with his disgusting words about Nandini. He was asking me to call the police and admit my crime. Suddenly Mom took out her gun from her bag and shot Harshad. But it missed its aim. Harshad pulled the safety latch of the revolver and was about to press the trigger at Nandini's head, I fired at him. At the same time, Mom also fired and finally Harshad left Nandini and fell to the ground."

"But Mom said in her statement that she was not carrying any gun with her. She only fired at Harshad thrice from your gun and fortunately, the third one hit him."

Cabir intervened. Manik lifted his face and countered in a determined voice,

Author's note: Read the full chapter on Inkitt.