Chapter 92- "Let's free each other...forever."

"I don't want you to separate from Manik. It's just that I can't see you suffering because of him. This love didn't give you anything but pain and I can't take this truth that your love for him is blind..totally blind that can't even see its flaws."

Suddenly Navya faced Nandini and asked in a profound voice,

"Does Manik know about your pregnancy? In Dr Sippy's prescription, there was no mention of contraceptives. Maybe because of Meningitis, she couldn't give you that. Is it...is it because of that..."

Navya couldn't utter the word. Nandini's eyes became blurred for a moment. She gulped the lump and replied,

"Yes, I am pregnant because of that night. But I don't want him to know about it. What is the use to burden him more? I am his mistake, Navu. I am his m..is..t..ake."

Her voice got choked for a moment. She bit her lower lip to control her sobs. Navya grabbed Nandini by her shoulders and almost yelled,

"Say it clearly, Nandu. What are you trying to say? This is his child. He should know about it. He can't escape from his responsibilities. He already has done so many injustices to you. But not anymore. He has to face the consequences of his mistakes."

...............................................

"Why this sudden benevolence? Don't say you finally have fallen in love with me...ha...ha..."

Harshad mocked out while gulping some liquor. Rose's eyes clouded with an unknown emotion.

"Even if so, still, don't worry. I will never say that because I know love doesn't exist for you. By the way, I came over here to tell you that the police came to my place to enquire about you. They have some proof against you which can put you behind the bar. I went to your house but nobody was there. You were not picking up my calls. I even tried to contact Aliya but..."

Rose was cut by Harshad.

"Aliya went to California....most probably forever. She didn't even bother to inform me. I couldn't even see my sister for the last time. She hates me, Rose. My sister hates me so much. You are right. I don't believe in love. Because love only gives pain."

He trembled out the last line then shook his head.

"Okay, no more pain and sorrow. It doesn't suit me."

.................................................

"I don't hate you. In fact, I hate me...for loving you. So, the punishment should be for me. And about my masochistic acts...well, to feel pain there should have a mind and heart. Nowadays I have neither of those in me."

Nandini got up from the chair and tried to walk past Manik but immediately was grabbed by him by her shoulders. Manik pulled her to his chest and placed his restless eyes on hers.

"What do you want, Nandu? You want to go away from me, right? Okay, go. I promised...I won't stop you. If you get peace by going away from me then fine...I will let you go but don't punish me like this. It would have been better to be in jail than see you in pain. I can bear hatred for me in your eyes because you have every reason for that but I can't bear this pain in your heart caused by this unconditional love of yours for me. Free yourself, Nandu. Free yourself from this malevolent love. Tell me..tell me what do you want from me that can give you peace."

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt.