Epilogue - "You are the last leaf in my snow-clad winter heart."

"Well, this story is inspired by the lives of the people around me. All the characters have the shades of my known people. Similarly, Aadhya's character is inspired by two people. One is, of course, Vibha and the second one...well, let it be a secret. She will know when she will read."

He gave a mischievous smile and gestured to the readers for more questions. This interaction went on for half an hour more and then Vibha requested the audience to call it off. Aryamaan got up from the stool with a support of a stick. Although he can walk without it doctor instructed him to not strain his legs. Vibha picked up the book copies and gestured for Aryamaan to leave. Suddenly something caught his eyes and he said to Vibha,

"You go. I will come after some time. I have to sign some more books."

Vibha uttered a soft ok and left. As all the people exited, Aryamaan came out of the hall. A person was standing near the balcony railing facing the outside. Aryamaan walked near to him and mouthed in a composed tone,

"You could have come inside. The event was good."

The person got startled and turned with a surprised face.

"I...ahem...I was listening to you. Congratulations! You have fulfilled your dream at last."

Aryamaan smiled and looked at his own hand. There was a book in it. He opened the first page and wrote,

To my friend, Nandini. I hope you can see yourself in this story.

Aryamaan.

He signed it and handed it over to the man.

"Give it to her, Manik. It's a gift from a friend to a friend."

...........................................

"Where is Manik? He should be around you all the time. I must say, Nandini. You have given him too much freedom. When will he realise his responsibilities?"

Mukti showed her agitation for her little brother. Nandini's eyes became vacant for a moment. She uttered in a low tone,

"He is with Dhruv. You know, MuktiDi, I still can't believe that Aliya is no more. It's impossible to forget her smiling face."

Some moments of silence lingered in the air. Only then, a baritone voice came from behind.

"Because she wanted us to remember her with a smiling face only."

.........................................

"Dhruv needs destruction. Otherwise, he won't be able to come out of this pain. I offered him to join Malhotra company. It will be a good workplace to divert his mind."

Manik stated calmly. Nandini leaned sideward and rested her head on Manik's shoulder.

"Manik, it seems like a dream, isn't it? Some years back, I couldn't even think that I can ever meet you again. My childhood fairytale love story will come true."

Manik touched his temple to her head and responded to her words,

"And I couldn't even think that you will give me everything that I always craved for. Thank you for making me the part of your beautiful fairytale. You read Aryamaan's book, right? He depicted me rightly. I was a man with a frozen heart. And you...."

He halted. Nandini lifted her head and looked at him.

"And me..?"

She asked tenderly. Manik looked into her eyes and osculated her forehead. His voice became drenched with pure love.

"You are the last leaf in my

Snow-clad winter heart."

..........................END...........................

Author's note: Here this story ends. This is my first story of Manan and the longest one too. It's very close to my heart and I am literary crying to say goodbye to all the characters. Hope you all enjoyed the journey. Keep smiling and keep loving my bunch of words. Read the full chapter on Inkitt

Take care

Suk