Chapter 94- "It's not a rumour, Dad..."

"What the hell are you talking about? All seemed perfect. She even gave her statement in favour of Manik then why did she take such a decision? Tell me Navya...I hope you didn't force her to take this decision."

He gritted out. His nails almost dug into her soft flesh. Navya clawed his both hands and jerked them to free herself.

"ENOUGH CABIR. There is a limit to being biased. Don't make your gratitude towards Malhotra family your unrighteousness. You are so blind in your brotherly love and so desperate to save him that you can't see someone's pain. Have you ever tried to understand Nandu's situation? Have you ever tried to talk to her after that dreadful incident? No; because you were only focused on your family's reputation and happiness. Cabir...I used to think that you are different from any other rich son of his rich parents. I thought that you value humanity and ethics over the bubble reputation of the family. But I was wrong. You know, there is no such difference between you and Manik. You both think that a girl shouldn't have an emotion that is called self-love and self-respect. You guys can do anything with us. Can break out heart zillion times but you expect that we should accept it as our destiny and should love you with the same intensity. Why, Mr Cabir? Why should we? Why can't Nandini leave Manik if he gave her zillion reasons to do so? Why can't I unlove you when you broke my trust?"

Navya yelled when gave a violent push on Cabir's chest which made him stumble back.

..............................................

"No, Mr Vedant. Her cancer has spread in the entire uterus. Not only that; it has attacked her large intestine too. Even if we remove the entire uterus and other reproductive organs, the infection will remain in her body. In this case, we only can delay the spread. But we can't stop or cure it."

Doctor Allen Smith stated very professionally. Somehow Dhruv was expecting this kind of answer. Still, he had hope beyond hope.

"How long can it be delayed?"

His voice shook as he asked because it practically means how much time Aliya has. Doctor Smith roamed his eyes on the x-ray plate and wobbled his pepper salt haired head.

"I am sorry to say but not more than 6 months. Maximum; because it can decrease if her body won't respond to the treatment. You both have delayed coming over here, Mr Vedant. I am really feeling helpless."

..................................................

His scream alerted Nyonika. She immediately rushed to the living room. As she neared the couch, the voice of the newsreader hit her ears,

"Last night the police have arrested business tycoon, Mr Vedant Khurana, from Mumbai Airport. He is the prime suspect of Malhotra Industry's CEO Mr Shrikant Malhotra's attempt to murder case. According to our sources, Mr Vedant Khurana was out of the country for the last one month. The police were silent about the case in order to maintain secrecy. On the other hand, Manik Malhotra, Malhotra Industry's one of the heirs has been released on bail. He had been arrested on the charge of the attempt to murder Aryamaan Khurana, son of Vedant Khurana. Apparently, it seems like a business rivalry. However, a piece of shocking news is also heard about Malhotra family. Manik Malhotra and Nandini Malhotra are going to separate and call off their marriage very soon. Most probably it is the aftermath of Manik Malhotra's arrest. Our sources are trying to reach Malhotra Family members and know about the truth."

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt. ❤🙏