Chapter 97 -"This is his sure end..."

"Mr Malhotra, you know right whatever you are asking me to do is an illegal act?"

ANC officer Sumeer Kotiyal said arrogantly. Manik smirked and pulled the drawer to take out some thick bundles of 2000rs.

"I know very well, Mr Kotial and I also know that a handsome amount can turn an illegal act to legal very easily."

He slammed the bundles one by one on the table. Sumeer Kotiyal stole a glance of the lucrative pinkish bunches. Greed was apparent in his eyes. Manik observed and snickered.

"So, can I expect that the work will be flawlessly done without any further query?"

Manik leaned back on his chair and mouthed with an authoritative voice.

Sumeer Kotiyal grabbed the buddles and kept them in his briefcase. Then he gave a sly chuckle and replied,

"You can be sure about that, Sir. But I have a question."

..............................................

"I know you are not fine, Nandu. And that is not unnatural. Look, I am not defending my son. I know whatever he did is the biggest sin a man can do. Though I know he did it not in his sense that doesn't justify the matter. I hadn't stopped you if you would have given the statement against Manik to the police. But you didn't do. Then why this decision of divorce? I know I am sounding selfish but this divorce not only will break a relationship but also will break this family. Please Nandu, tell me what is the actual reason?"

Nyonika neared Nandini with a pleading tone. Nandini stared up and met her beseeched eyes.

"Manik and I are not meant to be, Mom. That is the reason. Why should we drag a relationship when there is only compromise? I want to free him, Mom. He is not happy...(coughing)...with (coughing)...me (coughing)..."

Nandini suddenly started coughing vigorously. Nyonika immediately picked the juice and gave it to her. Nandini tried to sip on it. But all of a sudden, the taste of the apple juice churned her stomach. A bout of throw made her cover her mouth and she rushed to the bathroom.

"Nandu...Nandu...are you alright? I am calling the doctor..."

.......................................................

"Mr Saxena, here is your warrant. You can check and satisfy yourself about the charges. Still, I would like to explain you...Ahem...for the last one month we have received many information about you and your factories that you possess a huge amount of drugs which is not for personal use."

Harshad gaped in surprise. This allegation was beyond his imagination. He parted his lips to question but Kotiyal stopped him by showing his hand.

"Let me finish. You know very well that possessing drugs for commercial use is punishable under NDPS Act,1985. Involvement of consumption, sell and purchase of contraband comes under immediate action and arrest. Here I am still not arresting you. So, please cooperate with us. Your reputation and respect will be intact if you are innocent. Keys..."

Sumeer Kotiyal stated in a stone-hard tone while stretching his hand asking for the factory godown keys. Harshad unwillingly took out a bunch of keys and responded to Kotiyal.

"Let me show you the way. I hope that is not illegal."

Author's note: Comment guys if you want a fast update. In the next, some emotional and romantic encounter of Manan will be there. ❤❤Stay tuned. Read the full chapter in Inkitt.