Chapter 103 - "My family is in danger...!"

"I don't think so. Manik and Cabir left for the office in the early morning. I didn't see Manik talk to Nandini before that. Nyo Aunty, I ummm....I think it's not so simple. As you know Nandini wants to leave Manik. I hope...she..."

Nyonika stopped her in the middle in a rude tone,

"Stop, Navu. Don't always think and speak negatively. That is her temporary reaction. She is hurt and angry with Manik. But that doesn't mean she is seriously going to leave him or this family. She can't because she loves all of us. She probably went out and her mobile got switched off. Perhaps she didn't realise it. Maybe she has some important work and that's why she didn't get time to tell me. She can be in hurry. She might..."

"Maybe, perhaps, probably....Nyo Aunty, when so many doubtful words crowd a relationship, then negativity automatically comes. Truth won't be covered by shutting our eyes. We all know that Manik and Nandini are going through their toughest time. Even a gentle blow can destroy their home of cards. I know my sister that much. She may not leave her loved ones out of anger, hurt and suffering but she may when it comes to some insecurity."

.................................

"I have closed all the doors for him to exit, Cabir. Now, he has no option left to rot in jail. Aryamaan has given his fresh statement to the police. Or you can say he too didn't have any other option to save his criminal father. We are almost there, Bro. Harshad is finished. He is trapped in Manik Malhotra's mastermind plan."

Manik reclined on his chair while uttering in a satisfactory tone mingled with a triumphant chuckle. Cabir was about to react when Navya barged into. Her worried eyes roamed on both of the Malhotra brothers' perplexed faces.

"Nandini is missing. She is not at home. She is not in her college too. She is nowhere, Cabir."

..................................

Navya spurted out in a go without thinking of any repercussion. Some moments of profound silence engulfed the air of the room and then Manik whispered in a deep bewilderedness,

"Baby...?"

Navya pierced him with her arctic eyes,

"Yes, baby. She is pregnant. She is pregnant with your child. Simultaneously, she is scared because of you. She thinks that you will consider this baby as an obstacle in this relationship. She wants to save her child from you and that's why she left you. Do you hear that? She left all of us because you're your toxic love towards her."

She screamed out the last line and in the next moment got jerked by Cabir who grabbed her by her shoulders.

"What the nonscience are you talking Navya? Why can't you stop blaming Manik for everything? And if you knew that Nandini is pregnant then why didn't you tell us before? Why have you hidden this truth from us? TELL MEEEE..."

Author's note: Read the full chapter in Inkitt.🙏❤