Chapter 116 - "The best love blossoms when two souls unite..."

"Manik, Manik...what happened? Say something. You are scaring me. Is everything alright?

She kept on asking while rubbing his back tenderly.

"Nothing is alright. Everything is fucked up. All are suffering. All...and that is because of me. I am the cause of everybody's pain. Neither I was a good son, a good brother, a good friend and a good husband, nor I will be a good father. In fact, I am not capable of any relationship. Whoever loves me only suffers. I am a curse for everyone."

He kept on blabbering while trying to almost dissolve himself in Nandini. His whole body was quivering in a bout of unstoppable crying. Nandini let him cry for a while to vent out his emotions. Then she forcefully separated him from her body and looked into his bloodshot eyes.

"Manik, at first, stop cursing yourself. It won't soothe your pain by any means. Nor it will solve our problems. Secondly, I always appreciated you for your never give up nature who knows how to turn the table in his favour. Thirdly, you are nobody to judge if you are capable of any relationship. We all are here to decide that. If you did mistakes then we all did so. More or less. But the thing is we all are trying to rectify those. Which should be appreciated. If we are facing problems then we will solve them together. And for that, we need to open up to each other. Being emotional is justified but being rational is needed. At least now. So, tell me. What's happened? What broke you so much that you even questioned your fatherhood? Tell me, Manik."

.......................................

"That means, Dhruv knew it before he met you? Aliya sent this message to him? Then why didn't he tell you earlier? Why did he wait for you to meet Aliya and get the lab result of those medicines?"

Nandini asked with lots of confusion. Manik kept mum for some seconds. Maybe he was trying to gather his words to explain to her.

"Dhruv wanted to give me the chance to accept my mistake and guilt in front of Aliya. Simultaneously he wanted Aliya to forgive me. He gave both of us the chance to get our mental peace. Nandini, I always thought that our love story is the most special one. But Dhruv snatched that pride from me. He showed the world what a special love looks like. He may lose her one day but he gains her love forever."

Manik's voice was laced with remorse and pain. Nandini kept silent with a bent head for a moment and then she asked again,

"Are you going to submit this confession to the police?"

"Yes! That is what Aliya wants. But I asked for one more day from Dhruv and Aliya. Before producing this to the police, I have one more work to do."

Manik mouthed with determination.

"What?"

Author's note: Read the full chapter on Inkitt.