Chapter 96- "I want to open your eyes..."

"I am sorry, Navu. I didn't tell you anything about Nandini. But I..I just wanted to know the exact reason behind it. I knew that Manik can't do this in his sensible mind. There is must be...."

Navya's rigid tone halted Mukti.

"Is that enough, MuktiDi? Whatever happened to my sister, whatever Manik did to her, whether he was in his sense or not. Can it change the consequences? Vedant Khurana tried to kill Shrikant Uncle what Manik did to his son. Can the difference of reason change the consequences?"

The razor sharpness of her voice startled Mukti. She meeked out,

"Are you saying about Manik and Nandini's divorce?"

Navya looked into her eyes as she wanted to fathom each word.

"MuktiDi, I don't want this divorce. It won't solve any problem. Rather it would complicate the whole thing. Nandu is...."

Navya stopped herself abruptly.

"Nandu is?"

................................................

"Harshad Saxena...you have got the bail."

A constable unbolted the lockup door and yelled. A deep V formed between Harshad's eyebrows. He came out of the gloomy lockup and asked in a perplexed manner,

"Who paid the bail amount?"

In reply, the constable only showed him the desk of the Inspector in charge. With a lopsided smile, Harshad walked towards it. He observed that a lawyer is sitting with inspector Singh. However, he couldn't recognize the lawyer.

"Mr Saxena. You got bail. Sign this paper."

Inspector Singh commanded. Harshad roamed his arrogant eyes on the lawyer and said sternly,

"Before that, I want to know his name. Who paid the bail amount and who appointed a lawyer for me?"

The lawyer looked at him with an assuring smile.

"Hello, Mr Saxena. I am advocate Gourav Pradhan. Your lawyer. Ms Aliya Saxena appointed me and she deposited the amount too."

.............................................

"You are my wife and would be forever. Put it in your brain. Don't provoke me to behave irrationally. Don't judge things so soon. Sometimes the truth gets enshrouded by lies. Don't always believe your eyes."

Manik's words hardened Nandini's jaws. She flipped with a jolt and faced him. With a grave and stone hard tone, she mouthed,

"I used to believe my heart. Always. But it also betrayed me. Now, I want to live with open eyes."

She freed her hand forcefully and left. Manik kept on looking at her dispersing frame and uttered sternly,

"Good for you. Even I want to open your eyes."

Author's note: Do comment guys. Otherwise, I can't understand whether you all are liking the track or not. Read the whole chapter on Inkitt.