01

this book will loosely follow the plot of outer banks on netflix which i do not own any of the rights to the characters or plot, only to my oc who's aesthetic is below

season one

Brenna Noel Carlson, neither a pogue or kook, at least to her understanding

Her mother, Amanda Carlson, was a born and raised pogue who left the island looking for more from life, she went to collage on the mainland, got her degree and started a fresh life for herself.

The mainland was treating Amanda great until she became unexpectedly pregnant with her pride and joy, Brenna Noel, who's father was never in the picture.

Brenna and her mother did everything together from the moment she was born, from eating lunch to getting piercings together, they were not only mother-daughter they were best friends.

Amanda had the help of her brother, Freddie, and his partner, Jessie, to raise her daughter. The duo lived right down the hall in the small apartment building Brenna grew up with, so she saw them everyday and they were just as much her parent figures as her mother was.

Jessie and Freddie later moved back to the small island of the Outer Banks to take over the family business, with plans make it bigger and better than before. They had made names for themselves in their own industries on the mainland, so why not bring it back to the island?

But after a tragic accident, Brenna had to move in with her Uncles in a large home on an island she thought of as a second home. An island that was full of memories and mistakes, full of familiar faces and places.

Her Uncles now owned and operated the family smoothie shop, the Twisted Mango, located right across from the iconic Kildare county Wreck, which was owned and run by the Carrera's for as long as she could remember.

Freddie and Jessie lived on figure eight, the opposite side of the island that Brenna was used to visiting. Her Uncles wanted to change the view of the Carlson name, they wanted the name to be part of the highest ranks, like the Cameron's and the Thornton's.

But Brenna didn't care, she just did what her Uncles said wheather it running errands, working at the shop or going to boring fancy dinner parties.

She had basically grown up part time at the Cameron's so she didn't think of them as this high and mighty family, even though they were, she just thought of them as another basic family.

Sarah, the Cameron's oldest daughter, had always been the first to greet Brenna and invite her to do things.

Her grandparents had always lived on the cut in a small blue house with a a little dock that the family's small green boat always floated by.