53

The five teens put their hands in the air, Sarah holding back tears, Brenna shaking, JJ more pissed then ever, Kiara holding her breath and Pope scared for his life, while they all focused on John B.

"Hey, listen Shoupe! I wanna testify," John B shouted, his hands up as he took a few steps forward.

"It's about time, get down, don't move a muscle, everybody else, don't move," Shoupe instructed as he approached John B, gun in hand. John B got on his knees as instructed and put his hands behind his head.

The other officers shouted at the other five teens, who were all scared about whatever would happen next.

"Seriously? Come on!" JJ shouted at one of the officers tackled John B to the ground for no reason.

"Stop!" Brenna cried out, Sarah, Pope and Kiara yelling beside her.

The officer kept attacking John B, all of his friends yelling from a distance, knowing it would only get worse if they tried to interfere.

"Sheriff, what is this? You're gonna just let that happen?" JJ shouted.

"Let him go!" Kiara shouted.

"No! Stop!" Sarah cried.

"Stop!" Pope yelled, cringing at the sight.

The other officers pushing the kids back.

Shoupe finally tried to pull the larger officer off of John B, but failed.

Everyone watched the offer punch John B one last time.

"John B!" Brenna screamed, watching him collapse to the ground.

Since the officers had who they wanted they took the other kids home.

"Brenna!" Jessie pulled his disheveled niece into a hug after the officers dropped her off, he had been worried sick about her she hadn't been home in three days. Freddie stood aside, watching disapprovingly.

"I'm sorry," she sniffled into his shirt, "It was for Sarah and John B, they....they needed us"

"Why didn't you call!" Freddie pushed, as Jessie let go of her, Brenna's eyes filled with tears.

"All of our phones died, we didn't have chargers," Brenna explained, "I wanted to call"

"You're done seeing them," Freddie shook his head, starting to walk away.

"No, they're my friends!"

"They have you running from the law!" Freddie turned back, still standing far away.

"He's innocent!"

"He's wanted for murder!"

"He didn't kill Peterkin!"

"Brenna, do you hear yourself?"

"Wanna hear something even crazier?" she sassed, not thinking before she opened her mouth again, her cheeks still red and eyes puffy from crying, "I know he's my brother!"