35

"There goes the gold," JJ sighed as the group watched the same plane from the runway fly overhead as they stood in a storage area.

"Shit," Brenna sighed, squatting down with her head in her hands, as JJ kicked a plastic chair, mumbling his own curse, the sound of the chair breaking making Brenna jump.

"Fuck," Pope yelled, throwing something small at the wall, making the other three jump at the noise. Brenna stood up, standing between JJ and Kiara.

Pope found a bat on the floor and started hitting an old busted TV, shouting curses, while the other three watched in shock.

JJ, Brenna and Kiara all shared a look of "what do we do?" as Pope continued his rampage.

"Pope!" Kiara tried to get his attention as he threw a metal trash can across the yard that made Brenna jump closer to Kiara.

Pope stoped, breathing heavy from his actions, before sitting down on an old wicker bench.

"Yeah, dude," JJ walked towards Pope, "I was wondering when this was gonna happen"

"Here you go, chief," JJ handed him his wax pen, "A little weed never hurt no one"

"JJ, seriously?" Brenna glared at the blonde now standing behind the bench.

"Relax, Ren," JJ looked up at her.

"You know he doesn't smoke," Kiara added standing on the other side of the bench, beside Brenna.

"Well, maybe not until today," JJ said as Pope took the silver device from him.

JJ sat down next to him.

"Pope," Kiara sighed, coming around the bench, "What is that gonna help?"

"I lost my scholarship," Pope confessed, looking up at the two girls who now stood in front of the boys, "Walked out in the middle of the interview. It's gone. It's not gonna happen"

"You did that for us?" Kiara asked.

"No, not for us," Pope shook his head stand up, "For nothing"

"I'm here for you, Pope," JJ patted his friends shoulder as he stood beside him, "Welcome to my world, okay?"

"JJ," Kiara sounded sad, Brenna took a few steps away from the three best friends, trying to think.

"What, Kie? He's right!" JJ snapped as Pope walked away from him, leaning against a wooden pillar.

Brenna paced the short width of the yard, trying to think about what to do next, wondering who was on that plane and how they could get the gold back.

"You don't have to do that," Kiara said as Pope took a hit off the pen, she was worried for her friend, he was supposed to be the one to get out of here.

"Oh, my god! John B!" Brenna said when he came around the corner, looking dazed.

The other three fell quiet, looking over at the siblings before all running to them.

"Is this yours?" Brenna asked, holding her brothers wrists in her hands, his hands were covered in blood.

"Whose blood is that?" Kiara asked when she saw his hands.