41

"Okay so there should just be one car on patrol," JJ explained.

"You've already done this haven't you?" Brenna looked over at JJ who just shrugged.

"I had to get my weed back!"

Brenna rolled her eyes, getting out of the car and following JJ's lead, which defiantly wasn't the smartest idea but for once didn't end in disaster. Mainly because the cop on patrol was asleep.

The two made it out of the chateau with the board and spent the rest of the day on the beach, JJ didn't try to make her talk, she didn't either, they just enjoyed the sand and the sun.

"Brenna?" Jessie softly knocked on the girl's door, it had been a few days since she had gone out with JJ.

"Mhm?" she hummed, eyes still focused on the pages of the book she had been reading as he opened the door.

"Freddie and I are going to lunch at the country club and would like you to join us," Jessie smiled as he pushed open the door.

After going out with JJ she had started to feel a little better, she still hadn't talked to Kiara or Pope.

"Uhm I can be ready in like ten minutes," Brenna smiled, one little outing won't be too bad, right?

Jessie got very excited to hear her say yes, he felt like his niece was slowly starting to come back to him.

Jessie left the room so she could get ready.

Brenna changed out of her pajamas into a pastel green dress, which laced up in the back, white vans on her feet, she braided her hair into a french braid, throwing on some light makeup. Her shell necklace around her neck as always and little gold hoops decorating her ears.

The brunette made her way downstairs, greeting her freshly dressed Uncles.

"You look pretty," Freddie smiled at his niece.

"Thanks," she said softly.

Freddie patted the girls shoulder, making his way towards the garage, Jessie and Brenna following.

Being on figure eight was still weird to her, Brenna knew the area but felt out of place, the cut was more her pace of life, but she also just knew that side of town better, its where her grandparents had lived, she had grown up exploring the cut.

Brenna sat across from her Uncles, both in nice collared polo shirts, fitting in perfectly with the crowd. The two men were talking about something but all Brenna could focus on were the gossiping voices around her.

"You heard what happen?"

"I heard he kidnapped her"

"Of course it was a pogue"

She looked around scanning all the faces,  all people who didn't know him, only heard rumors, all people who probably trusted Ward Cameron, their biggest mistake.

Across the large patio Brenna caught sight of her favorite trouble maker, JJ Maybank. She smiled softly to herself, he was on the clock so she couldn't go say hi at the moment, but she'd make sure to stop on her way out.