03

"Damn, that storm really did one over on us huh?" Brenna sighed joining her Uncle's out by the pool, all three with a mug full of coffee in hand.

"Yeah it did," Jessie agreed while they watched people pull parts of trees out of the pool and from between the fence.

"Can I help in any way?" Brenna offered.

Rafe had snuck back out of her window just an hour earlier, luckily not getting caught by any of the people coming to help clean up.

Brenna knew she needed to end things with him but she also knew it would be harder then expected.

"It's a Saturday! Go find some friends," Freddie exclaimed as he started to walk away.

"No, I'm coming with you to the shop," she stood her ground confidently, following him to the house.

Jessie sighed then followed the two, knowing how this would end.

"Here's some cash, go into town and meet some kids, or take the boat out to the marsh, I bet you could find some friends," Freddie said grabbing a bottle of water from the fully stocked fridge.

"I'm coming with you," Brenna repeated, setting her coffee down and pulling her brown hair up into a ponytail, still following her Uncle with determination.

Yes, Brenna wanted friends her age but she also cared about her family's business and wanted to help.

"Just let her go," Jessie said standing behind the teen and the older man who were now staring at each other, with their hands on their hips, mirror images of each other.

Freddie sighed, defeated, "Fine, let's go little miss tood"

"You love me!" Brenna teased as they headed out to the truck.

"I do," Freddie smiled at the girl who just blew him a kiss.

The two pulled up to the small wooden building, "It's still standing!"

"She's a tough one," Brenna joked as she hopped out of the truck. The Twisted Mango had been standing since before Freddie was even born.

The Uncle-Niece duo spent hours upon hours cleaning up the shop.

The brunette was removing branches from the front of the smoothie shop, sweeping away leaves from the patio.

"Hey! Brenna!"

The girl stopped sweeping and looked over her shoulder towards the sound.

"Oh, hey," she smiled seeing Kiara coming towards her.

"There's going to be a kegger at the boneyard tonight if you're free," Kiara explained joining the girl on the patio.

"Oh, I'll have to check with my Uncles but sounds fun," Brenna smiled.

An actual teenager party? That's terrifying, Brenna thought.

It wasn't that she hadn't been to parties but that was on the mainland with people who went to school with and she always knew 90% of the people there but here? She didn't really know anyone that well.