26

Sarah and Kiara shrugged, turning towards the door. Kiara led the way, slowly opening the door, it creaked and wined. All the girls wincing at the noises.

A cat growled and ran across the house, all three girls jumped at the noise.

"There," Brenna said pointing her flashlight at the trail they were following.

The three snuck through the house quickly finding the box they needed.

They all smiled when they saw the switches, Kiara moving quickly to flip the switches to signal the boys.

"Can we get out of here now?" Brenna asked.

"Please," Sarah agreed.

They started towards the door they had entered when the floor boards creaked upstairs.

Sarah gasped from in front of Brenna. All three girls pausing.

"Shit," Kiara sighed.

They waited a second before starting to move again.

"Guys," Brenna whispered when she heard a tapping on the wood floors above them followed by some heavy breathing.

"Shit," Sarah sighed, as the three hugged the wall trying to stay hidden.

"I can hear you, Leon," Mrs. Crain called out, sending a shiver down all the girls spines, "I've been waiting all night!"

A light flashed right at the three girls, revealing the old lady.

"Go!" Kiara pushed Sarah's shoulder, pulling Brenna's arm.

The three girls ran from where they were heading in different directions, Sarah running through one door and Brenna and Kiara running through another.

"Shit," Kiara sighed as she ran into a locked door, both girls trying to unlock it.

"Where are you, Leon?" echoed through the house.

"C'mon," Brenna sighed still messing with the door.

The women entered the room, instantly swing on the the two girls, both ducking trying to avoid the fire poker she used as a weapon.

Sarah swiftly grabbed the weapon the old lady was using, throwing her off her aim.

"Fuck!" Sarah gasped after Brenna pushed the door shut once the three were out of the room, leaning a against it trying to catch her breath, the fire poker burst through the door only a few inches from the girls head.

Brenna screamed as Sarah pulled her away from the door, "This way! It goes underneath the house!"

The women kept yelling behind they still breaking down the door.

"Go, go, go, go!" Kiara pushed as she followed Brenna down the stairs, Sarah right in front of her.

"Guys!" Sarah yelled at the boys.

"Guys!" Kiara called out.

"Guys!" Brenna repeated.