Blessing

Woooooh! This is my 30th one shot if I'm correct? Wow, we've came a long way, haven't we? :D Thank you so much to those who send me requests, vote or comment my story or just read it. Thanks to all of you! 😘

Enjoy <3

__________

Sweat was all over her body. She moved abruptly on the bed, twisting and frowning. Wally opened an eye, and was confused for a moment by the sudden movement of their bed. It took him a while to realise it was actually Jinx who was moving.

He opened both eyes and sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes to wake himself up. He looked down at his girlfriend "Jinx" he whispered loudly. The pink-haired hero still didn't open her eyes. He shook her gently, but seeing that she wasn't even close to waking up, he grabbed her arm and vibrated.

It was a gentle vibration, tho. Jinx could've never guessed it was Wally's body vibrating against hers. He didn't like to do that. He'd never liked that specific skill of his, let alone use it on people.

However, the sensation and the sudden amount of movement made the sorceress stand up abruptly. She gasped for air.

"Jinx" his Aunt Iris had always reminded him to speak calmly in emergencies. That was actually easier than he thought "Stay calm, love. Im with you"

She nodded, still breathing heavily. She felt strange, heavy, confused. The last time she had had a dream as bad it was short after joining the Hive. And the fear wasn't even close to how she felt then.

Jinx sat on the edge of the bed, her legs hanging off the mattress, not quite reaching the floor. One of her hands was on her chest, the other one, on her stomach.

"Can you talk now?" Wally gently asked her.

She nodded slowly, then took a deep breath "It was a nightmare" she said as the speedster held the hand that was on her chest "Just that..."

He knew she wasn't lying, but he also knew she wasn't telling him all the truth. He insisted "I want to know about it" he squeezed her hand, looking at her pink eyes with a sad expression "Was it about the baby?"

It took her a while, but Jinx finally nodded. Wally knew it. He knew she was worried about their baby. He was, too. Obviously. But he knew Jinx was worried in a different way, and she was worried about something irrelevant which wasn't worth her time. But she refused to listen.

"I d-dreamt that..." Her voice shattered "It was a girl. And she was cursed. Bad things happened. We couldn't do anything to-"

"Alright" he got up from his kneeled position to wrap his arms around his girlfriend. She stayed in place "You have nothing to worry about, I already told you"

"I know" she whimpered. She didn't want to cry. Not over a nightmare "But it keeps happening"

Wally understood her position. He had learned from his Aunt that pregnancy itself was quite scary, so she had reasons to be worried. He didn't get, tho, why Jinx thought everything was going to go downhill for the rest of their lives. He didn't see it that way.

The baby might inherit her powers, alright. He just didn't see the big deal "I don't want our baby to be cursed" she confessed, tangling her fingers together on her lap. She was at the verge of tears. He could feel it "I can't do that to a helpless child"

"Jinx" he put a stray of wavy pink hair behind her ear. He kissed her forehead softly "You might have been cursed in the past, but now you're nothing but a blessing"

Her eyes were still looking down at her hands, quite watery. She had to keep her cool, to be strong "Wally..."

"No, Jinx, I don't want you to blame yourself for something that has not even happened yet" he said firmly, but touchingly "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life, you can't bring bad luck"

She smiled. He had told her the exact same thing when he asked her out, and when he found out she was pregnant. Wally took her hand and placed both of them over her stomach.

He smiled "You're a blessing, so is this baby" he closed the distance between them "And I love you both so much"