Baby

Im so sorry for the delay, you don't even know >< Ive been really busy, getting good grades to get accepted on the college I want to study at. Next week I'm going on a school trip so I guess I won't have time to update :(

Anyways, I need you guys to answer a question: would you prefer me to update a short (or not-so-long) one shot like 3 times a week, or would you rather have me to update once or twice a week with a long chapter like this one? I really need to set up a schedule because this is a mess.

Enjoy <3

___

Damian got up quickly at the sound of loud whimpers coming from the nearest bedroom. He grabbed a bottle and a little towel from the kitchen and immediately got to his baby girl's room.

Little Hana Wayne was crying on her cot, the blankets that covered her petite body flying everywhere. Damian placed the bottle and the towel on the diaper changer and picked his daughter up carefully.

He held her close to his chest and rocked her repeatedly. Hana soon started to calm down on her dad's arms, holding on the cloth of his sleeve tightly.

The former Robin smiled at the sight of her sleeping soundly on his shoulder, and proceeded to sit down on the rocking chair next to a big window on her room.

He adjusted her on his arms and watched her sleep. He almost didn't hear Iris walking into the room.

"Didn't she drink her bottle?" She held the small object on her hand, pouring some milk on her hand to check the temperature.

Damian lowered his voice "She fell asleep" Iris walked toward her husband and daughter and kissed him on the lips, taking a look at their sleeping baby. She was holding Damian's shirt tightly.

He turned his head around to look at his wife "Do you think we are doing it right?" She noticed doubt on his voice. Insecurities even.

Irey chuckled "We are fine, Dami" she kissed the top on his head "She's just been home for two days"

"That's what I mean" He looked down at the baby on his arms, so warm and beautiful, and he certainly didn't know what to do. He didn't have experience with babies, he didn't even know how to be a father, for calling out loud. His father, siblings and even Alfred had given him advice in parenting, but he still had doubts about everything. He was scared "Im scared, Iris"

"Why?" The red-head squeezed his shoulder "You're doing great so far, she loves you" She smiled, looking down at the small baby on her husband's arms "Look at her. She always falls asleep on you"

Hana whimpered a little, sucking on her thumb. Damian smiled "Are your parents coming today?" He asked. Iris nodded.

"Just my dad tho, to drop off some clothes" she said, standing up from the arm of the chair "He won't be staying long, don't worry"

"It doesn't bother me" he said "We are okay now"

"I know" Iris said, stroking Damian's dark, soft hair "Thanks tho. I know you try hard to take him in"

The man adjusted Hana into his arms to get a better hold of her "Not really, we are fine. I've never thought we would end up like this. Can't say I'm disappointed, tho"

The sound of the bell made Hana squeak briefly. If there wasn't for Damian, the house would've been infested with baby cries and screams "Must be my father" Iris said "Hold on"

The redhead opened the main door of the one-story house to reveal her smiley father in civvies holding a bag of clothes.

"I thought you would come on suit" she said, gesturing him to come in.

"Didn't feel like it" Wally kissed his daughter's cheek and gave her the small bag "Now, where's my baby granddaughter?"

Iris chuckled and pointed at the bedroom at the end of the hall. When he walked into Hana's room, he couldn't say he wasn't expecting to see what he saw.

When the twins were babies, he'd also spend his waking hours standing on their bedroom to see if they were okay. A year ago, he wouldn't have expected Damian to do the same with his child. Now, the strange thing would happen if he wasn't there.

"Good evening, Damian" Wally greeted, getting closed to the man and the baby in his arms.

"Hello, Mr. West" he stood up slowly and passed Hana to Wally. The redhead was visibly pleased.

When Iris went to see her daughter, she almost laughed at her dad cooing nonsense at poor Hana. She was staring at him with big blue eyes, and she looked like she was enjoying it. At least she wasn't crying. She kissed Damian's cheek.

After a good ten minutes Wally decided it was time to leave "I told your mom I'd be gone for 2 minutes" the man said "I'll be a dead man if I don't go now"

He kissed Irey's forehead and shook Damian's hand "Take good care of the little angel" he said, kissing her little head.

"See you on Sunday?" Iris asked. Wally nodded. He was gone a second later.

Damian carefully placed Hana down on her crib again, where she fell asleep pretty quickly, her little fingers wrapped around her pink baby blanket. He smiled.

He had a happy life, after all.